The puri mangga is a rather small hotel, I'd even hesitate to call it that. It is more a collection of bungalows set upon a hill looking out over rice paddies and the ocean. If you are looking for a big, established hotel with rigorous brand standards and customer protocol, you might want to look elsewhere. If, however, you are looking for a place with unbelievably courteous and attentive customer service, a staff that knows you by name and even how you like your coffee, and a genuinely relaxing experience, choose this hotel. To be honest, Lovina beach (like most beaches) doesn't offer much by way of serene tranquility or what you think of when you think southeast Asian beaches. Thankfully, this hotel is nestled in the hills, away from the busy streets with loud music and souvenir peddlers. Our room had an outdoor shower (and toilet!), our own little reading shack, our own fish pond, a giant bedroom, and a great deck for watching the thunderstorms that appeared most evenings. A bountiful breakfast selection was included, and we usually stumbled out of bed rather late and the hotel was very attentive to our laziness.
The real charm that we experienced here, nowhere else in Bali, was the sense that the manager and owners sort of took us in as if we were part of some sort of local club. They brought us to a very, very local seaside fish grilling shack, which didn't at all seem as if they were collaborating for our dollars (even if they were, I don't care, that was the best fish I had on my entire trip, and we ate it for every meal except breakfast). The owners (Hans and Angie) were a dream, we had engaging conversations, and they seemed genuinely happy to have us there. Even if they aren't there when you go, their manager, Ganesa was also very attentive and made sure that we were well taken care of at every turn.
The bad? Not much, unless you really nitpick. I suppose the location was a bit out of the way...about 3 hours from the main (clusterf$@k of an) airport, and the hotel is about a 10 min ride to the main town. But a) the town sort of sucks (except for this bar called "sea breeze", go there...) and b) they are happy to drive you into town if you want and pick you up for free whenever, wherever. A great stay there...we highly reccommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Mangga Sea View Hotel Lovina Beach
- Puri Mangga Sea View Resort And Spa
- Puri Mangga Sea View Hotel
- Puri Mangga Sea View Resort
- Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa Lovina Beach, Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience your dream vacation apart from the mass tourism in the north of Bali, the Island of Gods.Puri Mangga, a fine and cozy boutique residence, hidden on the hillside 3 kms south of Lovina and surrounded by ricefields and palm trees, is dedicated to offer you some of the finest things of Life: Luxury,Beautiness,Relaxation and great Food.Enjoy a special atmosphere and your soul will be captured for a long time.Experience our Restaurant with one of the best Food in Lovina with an Indonesian/Italian Fusion Kitchen. Our 3 chefs live and work for tasteful cooking and you will enjoy the freshness of our mostly organic food with every sense.The Spa of Puri Mangga offers a big variety of massage and body treatments. After a relaxing massage merge into the flowerbath with an exotic drink and enjoy the fragrances of the flowers and the phantastic view to Lovina Bay and the Chinese Sea.All the products we use in the Spa are natural and organic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.