Attracted to this rural location as a result of a 'Secret Escapes' offer for bed,breakfast,evening meal & afternoon tea.
We wanted to stay 3 nights (Saturday-Monday) but could only secure the 'Secret' deal for the Sunday - Monday.
Spoke to a very helpful and honest lady at the hotel (Kirsty). She advised that they normally tried to allocate Junior Suites to the 'Secret' bookings, was happy to reserve one for the Sunday-Monday and suggested we consider The Valley Suite for the Saturday, admittedly at a premium. Said we could view a Junior Suite on arrival to help us decide whether we wanted to swap, if not we could remain in the Valley Suite for £30 per night.
Although the Junior Suites are excellent, once you have tasted cream then milk is always going to be in second place.
We stayed put and enjoyed the super king sized bed, separate seating area with panoramic views of the golf course and beautiful bathroom.
Although the Hotel is not particularly inspiring from the exterior, the interior is very tastefully decorated,clean with lovely light seating area's.The 'Brasserie' restaurant is elegant, excellent menu & the quality of food and service matches.
Breakfast is in the same setting. Cereals,fruit juices,pastries, fresh fruit & continental breads are on a self service basis. Tea/Coffee,toast and a varied cooked menu are all made to order and served.
The full afternoon tea harks back to the upstairs/downstairs era,is beautifully presented,wonderful quality and very filling.
The Sports Club has a very large well equipped gymnasium,squash courts,outside tennis hard courts,sauna & steam rooms. The swimming pool is large enough for lane swims and incorporates a childrens pool.
I do not play golf but the two courses looked in fantastic condition and judged by the number of regular and visiting players (ladies & gents) it is very popular.
All in all a thoroughly enjoyable stay in a very comfortable hotel with very helpful,informative,polite and happy staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-star Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf & Restaurant is set in the beautiful River Yare Valley and is only a short distance from the city of Norwich. It has two excellent 18-hole golf courses, a range of bars and lounges as well as the two AA rosettes Flints Restaurant. Guests can also use the excellent Edge Health & Fitness Club on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Barnham Broom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf Hotel Barnham Broom
- Classic Hotel Barnham Broom
- Classic Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Classic Hotel
- Barnham Broom Norfolk, UK