“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barnham Broom

You added Barnham Broom to your Saves list
Barnham Broom
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Honingham Road, Barnham Broom, Norwich NR9 4DD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barnham Broom
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The rooms were lovely drink making facility, safe in room and fridge. Lovely comfy bed. Molton brown toiletries. Turn down service in the evening. Breakfast was really nice plenty to eat. Overall really nice hotel

• Stayed March 2013
Barnham_Broom, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear caz514

Thank you for your kind comments. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at Barnham Broom. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We booked up in the restaurant for my birthday, after reading good reviews. We found the food didn't meet my expectations! Starters I had squid, which was nice, but lacking a compliments. Then for my mains I had lamb, which was served in which looked like a soup bowl, very small portion, and I had to order extra potatoes. My partner had steak, which was cooked well, which came with a cone of homemade chips, garlic butter and a tiny garnish...very disapointing!! I loved the chocolaty dessert....didnt expect the bill to come to a shocking £80 - included in this was a large glass of wine which cost nearly £7.00. Will not go again!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear maizey2010,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your meal. Your feedback has been noted and our restaurant manager has been made aware of your issues. We are considering new dishware and revaluating our wine list before we re-launch our new restuarant in May. I do hope you will try us again.
suffolk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hi just got back from a 2 night stay at hotel! The positives are, our room was lovely we opted for the suite as I wanted lots of space to relax!!!! Loved the Molton Brown products and the water in the fridge! Also very nice to have fresh coffee in the room! The bed was huge an very comfortable and I liked the fact that you could control the room temperature very easily! I had a manicure in the spa bit and that was fantastic!!!! The breakfast were good and I highly recommend the sausage meaty and full of flavour!!!!! The negatives are that this is a golf hotel and not really good for a spa break as what I thought I could have! The spa is not next to the pool so if you wanted to relax by the pool after a treatment you would have to get dressed and have a long trek to get to the pool! The pool itself is small and has a few sun loungers but did not look very inviting! We ate in the sports bar the first night and the food was average! how can a gammon steak be served slightly burnt? My husband had the salmon so fared better than me!!!!! The second night we ate in the restaurant which comes highly recommended the first courses were fine, I had the steak and asked for med/to well done and had to send my steak back as it was too bloody!!!!! This was dealt with fine! All in all we had a nice stay but just was not what I had hoped my break would be!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Barnham_Broom, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear holidaygirlie57,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is really appreciated. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Spa treatment and your experience in our restaurant for dinner and breakfast. However, I'm very sorry to hear about your dining experience on your first night and I wish to extend my sincere apologies on behalf of the hotel. We strive to maintain excellent standards, so to hear that we did not meet your expectations is particularly disappointing to us.

I do hope we will see you again and that you will consider Barnham Broom on your next visit to Norfolk.
Olafsvik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Loved my second stay at this hotel. Really good staff and excellent food. Overall a very good hotel "with a heart" . The beds are the best I have ever tried at hotels, and the design of the rooms is very warm and cozy. Free wifi and a big tv.
Also I loved the bar sitting area - a good area to relax. The Sportsbar is also quite good. The gym and the pool is good.

I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Barnham_Broom, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear kasa1303, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us at Barnham Broom. Thank you so much for your kind words and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Belper, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Booked this hotel through hotels.com. Straight away, from the reception through to getting in my room the experience was fantastic.

The bar meal menu is superb, if the cheesecake is on the menu then try it.

I will definitely use this hotel again, especially in summer when the golf course will be beckoning.

Room Tip: Take your golf clubs
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Borders
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last 6 months. Both times while on business in the area. For the price the rooms are excellent with big TV, strong wifi, nice bathroom with Moulton Brown. Great big bed. Feels more premium in the room. I have ordered room service on both occasions and the food has been great.
The gym and pool are good. Loads of machines in the gym.
The sports bar looks OK but I've not used it. Perhaps it looks a little soulless.
Breakfast staff are good and the choice is fine. Check in good.
All round it is a good refuge from a busy day.

Room Tip: Room 70 is a big room with a sofa and coffee table
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Barnham_Broom, Public Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Barnham Broom. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed at one of the Holiday Property Bond apartments at Barnham Broom this Christmas. The accommodation was clean and comfortable, with 2 bedrooms, a kitchenette / living room area and further sleeping space on the sofabed. There was a games table and we overlooked the golf course. We ate twice at the Sports Bar, made use of the squash courts and had a great few days away. Food at the Sports Bar is tasty, with plenty of choice and it is a good price, with HPB members benefiting from a small discount. I would recommend Barnham Broom as it has something for everyone.

Room Tip: Carleton apartments, no. 3 is down some steps, overlooking the golf course, which is lovely. Howeve...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Barnham Broom? Share your experiences!