I stayed at Le Phare Bleu for 2 weeks last January, thanks to the advice of a colleague who knows the owner's wife from early childhood. She couldn't have given me a better tip. The place is just beautiful with its bungalows immersed in a tropical garden and the view of the marina and the bay. Since I was travelling alone, I had a spacious top apartment all for myself and enjoyed one of the most comfortable beds I ever slept in. The great thing about LPB is its familiar atmosphere. The owners and the staff will just do everything to pamper their guests and soon you get a feeling as if you were staying at a friend's home rather than in a resort. Unless you have a really antisocial attitude, you will meet lots of interesting people at the Poolside bar to have a drink and some smalltalk with. The spot is also very popular among the boat owners at the marina or anchored in the nearby bays, as well as among the Grenadians themselves, especially on Saturdays, when live music is played. The Poolside restaurant offers tasty caribbean dishes at reasonable prices and one of the best pizzas you can have outside of Italy. And after dinner just move to the lounge, enjoy the ocean view, listen to the waves crashing on the beach and sip a glass of Grenadian vintage rum to experience perfect happiness. Although le Phare Bleu is a bit secluded, most diving centers, island tour operators and car rentals will offer a complimentary pick-up and drive back service. You will need a car, though, if you want to move freely around the Island as I did. I hope I will be able to come back some time, perhaps to watch the South Grenada regatta and enjoy a dinghy concert. One of them had just taken place the week before my arrival and was highly praised by the other guests, as was the fine cuisine of the restaurant in the Vastra Banken lighthouse ship, which unfortunately I missed. Perhaps another good reason to start thinking about a second trip to Le Phare Bleu.
- Also Known As:
- Le Phare Bleu Marina Hotel
- Le Phare Bleu Marina Hotel Petite Calivigny Bay
- Le Phare Bleu Marina And Resort
- Le Phare Bleu Marina & Resort Grenada/Petite Calivigny
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Phare Bleu truly is a unique property that centres around the historic Lighthouse Ship and is located in Calivigny Bay. Just fifteen minutes from the international airport this exclusive, waterfront property offers a tremendously high level of comfort in the self contained beach villas and apartments. The friendly service mixed with the two restaurants, mini market, swimming pool, watersports and very safe beach makes Le Phare Bleu a great place for relaxation. During the low season only one restaurant is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Le Phare Bleu Marina & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.