We arrived after a approx 2 to 2 & 1/2 hour drive from Abu Dhabi, along a pretty dreary road, turned off at the signs, and it immediately transformed itself into a scene from Arabian Nights, as we drove along a well made road through huge sand dunes. The entrance itself is spectacular, and the staff are delightful in their greeting. They couldn't find our reservation, entirely my fault as I had forgotten to send back the credit card confirmation, but they seated us, made us coffee, and sorted it out quickly. The room was beautiful, we were 3 female friends, so decided to go for one of the suites, which was very specious and absolutely beautiful. We headed straight for the pool - gorgeous and huge, and the views in every direction are stunning. We had lunch and cocktails by the pool, all lovely. We ate dinner at one of the restaurants on the upstairs outdoor terrace - spectacular in terms of food, setting, and service, candlelit, just gorgeous. The breakfast was fabulous, and we made the most of it so as to avoid having to pay the lunch prices:-). We live in the Middle East, so we are spoilt for choice with gorgeous 5 star hotels - I don't think this is more spectacular than many other hotels I have visited in Abu Dhabi or Dubai, but it is in a spectacular setting. However I can't see what you would want to do after a couple of days chill out here, and aside from that it is EXTREMELY expensive for what it is - so it really is a once in a life time stay. We took a bottle of champagne with us, as it was a big birthday for one of my friends, and it was £20 corkage charge at the restaurant (they told me in advance, so I
went there knowing that but still, £20??!!). However as long as you don't mind bending the credit card, it is a special experience, for a night or two.
- Also Known As:
- Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort By Anantara Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort By Anantara Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where mystic charm, cultural passion and unparalleled luxury evoke distinctive memories. Set in the middle of the Rub' al Khali or Empty Quarter, the largest uninterrupted body of sand in the world, Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resorts by Anantara is isolated from the world, yet is less than 200km away from Abu Dhabi. The resort brings the mysticism of this eminent location to life, inviting you to discover the unique appeal of its surroundings. Enjoy an array of facilities and immerse yourself in the wonderful splendour of an eternally changing landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.