“Magic -- pure, serene, exotic and oh-so-luxurious !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anantara Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort

You added Anantara Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort to your Saves list
Anantara Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Qasr Al Sarab Road | P.O. Box 131277, Hamim, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Discover the Desert
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hamim
Dubai
“Magic -- pure, serene, exotic and oh-so-luxurious !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We went for a one night stay on our anniversary in Jan and were pampered, rejuvenated and relaxed so much as if we took a week long vacation in paradise. The drive to the resort was amazing, the resort is beyond words wonderful and you would want to stop in every nook and corner. My kids (2 yr old and 5 yr old) couldn't get enough of climbing the dunes, playing in the sand, the trips on the golf carts and the lovely bathtub and shower to name a few. The kids club is also superb. The staff is so lovely, everyone has a smile and is more than happy to help. We were upgraded to a balcony room on check-in which gave views of the resort and desert, and then were surprised with a delicious anniversary cake when we came back from dinner! The rooms are delightful, with a lovely decor and nice little touches like a personal welcome message on the tv, very attentive room service and beds that you don't wanna leave. The breakfast buffet was also really really good with loads of variety. I simply loved the washrooms, you have to experience them to believe them. I still get a smile of relaxation on my face when I imagine sitting on the chairs on the balcony deep in the night with twinkling stars overhead, a light chilly breeze blowing and the resort's tastefully muted beautiful lights to behold. Its nothing short of magical. You can't get enough of it all. Thanks to everyone at Qasr al Sarab, it was truly memorable and one should definitely, definitely do this at least once !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We just got back recently from an amazing four-night stay at the gorgeous Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort, situated in the Liwa Desert in the outskirt of Abu Dhabi. In fact, now that I come to think of it, four nights was actually much too short! After about three and a half hour drive from Dubai we arrived at this stunning resort in the late afternoon. We were greeted by the friendly Alexandra, who checked us in smoothly while we were enjoying a glass of delicious welcome yoghurt drink. She then drove us with a buggy to our lovely room and the more we saw the rest of the resort environment and breathtaking surroundings, the more overwhelmed we became. It feels like we travelled to The 1001 Nights, so surreal.

The building architecture is spectacular, the staff are very attentive and friendly. The room is decorated in the exotic Arabian style, the bathroom is spacious with a big lovely bath tub. The bed is comfortable and turn down service is excellent where they bring you a bucket of ice every evening. We tried their Arabian style dinner under the stars overlooking the sand dunes at Al Falaj and it was a lovely experience. Our all time favourite restaurant is Ghadeer by the pool where they serve nice burgers with tasty potato wedges. Lemon Mint is my favourite drink there. The resort offers a variety of activities, from which I had a session of sunrise yoga and a couple of sessions of horse riding. I’ll come back to that in a separate paragraph.

We mostly spent our time at the beautiful poolside during the day, where they have attentive staff who supply us with bottled water endlessly. At certain time of the day they serve the pool guests a glass of mango smoothie for free. I think this is a very kind and thoughtful gesture given the fact that we are in the middle of a desert where thirst quenchers are always useful. And they also provide sunglasses cleaning service done by their Sunshine Butlers which I think is cute. The latter is free-of-charge as well.

The highlight of our stay for me is the horse riding activity. As a novice, passionate rider, I was excited when I came to know that they maintain a stable with four Arabian horses in their activity centre. I booked morning session at 7am and it was FABULOUS. An activity centre staff collected me with a luxury SUV from hotel entrance lobby and drove me to the stable which journey took about 5 minutes. It is a small but well-maintained stable taken care by Kamar, the horse guy. We (Kamar and I) then each rode a gorgeous, good-natured gray Arabian horse into the desert on sunrise, followed by the SUV in the distance for safety reason. It was stunning scenery all around I can’t describe it in words. I’d been taking horse riding lesson weekly for about seven months, and my riding skill was limited to trotting. However, Kamar encouraged me to canter with my dream horse Dildar, so I did, under his supervision, and it was amazing. The first canter in my life took place in the least possible place I’ve ever thought of. I guess I can’t thank Kamar and Dildar enough! We did a few more canters the next day and when the session came to an end it was so hard to say bye to Dildar!

A small tip from us, go up the highest dune around 5:30pm and watch the sun sink down to the sea of mystical sand dunes. It’s mesmerizing!

All in all, it was an amazing experience staying at Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort. We don’t usually plan to stay at the same resort twice, but this one is exceptional. We definitely will come back!

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are beautiful. Your terrace is right in front of your own lush garden, and this is...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have been to quite a few nice hotels, but Qasr Al Sarab is really one of a kind. It is pricey but I think it was really worth the money. A trully unique experience. The location, the hotel design and decor, the pool, the rooms, the food, I loved everything about this hotel. The only thing that kind of annoyed me was that they charged an arm and a leg for an extra bed in the room. Sunrise in the Liwa Oasis was absolutely stunning by the way, completely worth getting out of bed for!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

After a slightly unfortunate start, (reservation on their system did not match ours and the replacement room which we were given was already occupied with other guests), the staff did absolutely everything to make the rest of our stay unforgettable, including an upgrade to a wonderful villa and genuine concern that all other details were to our requirements. I would not hesitate in recommending the hotel to others. The facilities are fantastic and the surrounding desert landscape is unique and breathtaking. What a treat we had.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to stay in a villa with a private pool. All of these villas looked wonderful.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Qasr Al Sarab for three nights in a deluxe terrace room. The drive to the hotel took about two and a half hours from Abu Dhabi, the road is good but beware the regular speed cameras. It is easy to see why this hotel is rated number 1 in Abu Dhabi as the setting is spectacular and all the staff are a real delight and show pride and warmth in delivering top notch, friendly and efficient service. Check in was smooth, very quick and friendly and we were soon escorted to our room, which was located on an upper floor. It was beautifully decorated in Arabian style; the bed was amazingly comfortable with really soft bed linen, comfortable pillows, great bathroom with twin sinks and a powerful rain shower (which somehow seemed obscene in the middle of the desert). The huge terrace had comfortable sofa seating, two sun loungers and table and chairs. We spent evenings and nighttimes out here watching the shooting stars in the spectacular night sky. The view is jaw dropping with unobstructed views of the sand dunes as far as the eye could see. It was blissfully quiet. The cost of food at the hotel is fairly expensive, but not outrageously so, but it is of high quality. The buffet breakfast had a huge selection, with always something new to try. I particularly liked the Arabian dishes that the staff were happy to explain. The camel’s milk and date smoothy is delicious. We did book the bedouin night, and although it was expensive, it was worth every penny, the food was fresh, delicious and abundant, service was very friendly and chatty. Apart from the Egyptian waiter who seemed grumpy and just going through the motions, he stood out like a sore thumb as every other member of staff we encountered was truly delightful. There were plenty of happy hour drinks in the bars, which was surprising and welcomed given that we were a captive market. At the weekend, the hotel became busy, with lots of families and young children, which changed the atmosphere somewhat, so I would recommend planning your visit midweek when the hotel was still busy but more peaceful and relaxed. Three days was not enough time here, I could definitely have stayed longer enjoying the peace, beauty and the delightful service. I'm really picky and after 2 days my partner asked me what I would change about the hotel, I couldn't think of a thing.

Room Tip: All rooms have spectacular rooms, but try to get a front line room, the villas are beautiful but can...
NEW JERSEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Although unfortunately we could not spend 1001 nights at this gorgeous location we did partake of many of the unique adventures offered at this luxurious locale in the Empty Quarter region of the Abu Dhabi desert, two hours by car from Abu Dhabi city. The resort itself is phenomenal with expansive pools, waterfalls, canals and of course wondrous panoramas of the red-golden sands of the desert. We stayed in a beautiful room overlooking the desert with a large balcony. We were out on it every morning watching the sunrise over the dunes.The cuisine in one of the restaurants is "international buffet" so by definition less interesting but the more exotic restaurant on the roof provides a much better trip into the cuisine of the Arabian peninsula. Even better, but poorly advertised, is the barbeque on the desert sands under nomad tents and musical entertainment. The Prix-fixe meal was too much for us to finish but a serious exploration of the foods of the region. The hotel should really advertise this option better since we learned of it almost by accident looking down from the rooftop restaurant at the revelers in the desert. Activities that we enjoyed immensely, but certainly not all those offered, included camel rides and dawn and dusk, falconry, and a tour of the local region including a hydroponic "farm" growing tomatoes, cucumbers etc in the middle of the arid desert.
The staff is polite, attentive beyond description and always eager to help and practise their English.
THIS IS A WONDROUS EXOTIC LOCALE outside the malls, shopping centers and concrete of the city of Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: All seem to have view of the desert. Be sure to get a veranda/terrace
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

First class experience once you are there. We hired a car form Abu Dhabi and set off early enough to make as much of day one as possible. The drive is quite long with speed checks along the way...BEWARE the hire comapny deduct any fines from your credit card.
Following the instructions was easy, except the final right hand turn is a bit missleading. You have to double back from the end of the dual carrageway to find the right road in, look for TARMAC. We took what was the second on the right and ended up in the desert driving through and oil field camp to find ourselves in full view of the Qasr al Sarab but no way in......we eventually found the back gate after driving for another 20mins down the dirt track. Fortunately we had a 4 x 4 Land Cruiser which proved usefull for the deep soft sandy patches.
All in all an excellent trip, only marred by the sand storm so no sunset. The camel ride was fun, the food excellent and the villa with butler service superb.

Room Tip: Out laying villas are private, with view of Waddi for set. The golf caddies are very handy and punct...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Anantara Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort? Share your experiences!