We recently stayed 4 nights at this hotel.
- location: You want to stay on Railay West if you want to be on a beach conducive to running, walking, or playing soccer (finely packed sand). Railay East had mangroves with tons of trash trapped in them and did not appear to be a pleasant area to stay at. Note: when we were here there was construction of new hotels on both sides which made both sides not as pleasant to visit.
- daytime reception and tour desk staff: They were very friendly and helpful. Due to the bad weather when we were there, causing us to stay an extra night as no boats were going to Phi Phi, they let us use their phones as much as we needed to shift our trip around. Also, for any trip cancellations booked via the tour desk, they will refund if it is cancelled.
- rooms: We stayed in the jacuzzi villa 3 nights and the deluxe pool view villa 1 night. Both rooms were nice (clean, large and nice albeit firm beds, nice "living space" with a couch, fresh fruit platter delivered every day, 2 complimentary bottles of water, large and clean bathrooms). The only difference between the rooms was size, the location of the jacuzzi tub, and the location of the room (I.e. The jacuzzi villa was larger (stand alone building with entry way), the jacuzzi tub was in a separate room where you could also watch tv in, and they were closer to the reception/restaurant). Also, the jacuzzi villa was offset from the path (more private) and you have to go over some stepping stones over your personal pond with coi (appear during the day) and frogs (appear during the night). Please read the cons.
- beautiful landscaping throughout
- breakfast offerings: Wide assortment (I.e. made to order eggs, pancakes, fruits, cereal, curry and rice, bread/pastries, juice, etc.)
- pool near the lobby: large, clean, and aesthetically pleasing. Due to the location of the plumeria tree, there were even plumeria flowers floating in the pool. Note the pool/jacuzzi is meant to be refreshing (I.e. The jacuzzi is not hot).
- Both rooms had mosquito problems. We killed over 8+ mosquitos in each room and there were still some floating around the room and biting us. Both rooms had poor internet. The Jacuzzi Villa the internet worked only in the sitting area (small space) and the internet did not work at all in the other room. The staff told us it worked the best near reception.
- Pool view villa: DO NOT stay in room 1030. At night the air conditioner sounded like a jackhammer (we had to do a delicate dance all night in order to try to sleep in peace and not overheat). What made it worse was the fact that the septic tank must be right next to that room as the stench was UNBEARABLE at times.
- Trip offerings: the hotel has binder in the room of a bunch of activities you assume you can do; however when you try to book at the tour desk the will inform you that there is only a very limited offering. This is most likely due to the time of year you visit. Best not to visit in November as it is still rainy and rained every day we were there.
Other things to note about the hotel:
- They offer a pick-up service from the airport to the hotel. It was expensive, but worth it if you have a group or arrive at night like we did; however, if your flight is delayed an hour they may be a bit bitter.
- If you book more than 1 night they may upgrade you to a jacuzzi villa
- They have a decent DVD selection you can check out (1 dvd at a time)
Other things to note about the area:
- long boat is 800 THB, regardless of the # of passengers (max is 10), so try to coordinate with other travelers if going to Ao Nang
- there is only 1 ferry that goes the Phi Phi a day (9:30am)
- you can rent kayaks from the hotel, but the kayaks from Sand Sea looked nicer. (200 THB for the first hour, 100 THB for each additional hour; deposit of a room key or 1,000 THB required).
Food - We also became violently ill after eating at the hotel restaurant, Sand Sea restaurant and the first restaurant on the left when entering the walking street from the beach. We do not know which establishment is to blame, but be mindful when eating in this area.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.