“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Railay Bay Resort & Spa

You added Railay Bay Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Railay Bay Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   145 Moo 2 | Ao Nang Amphur Muang, Railay Beach, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Railay Beach
Warsaw, Poland
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The stay was very nice, the location is just perfect. I recommend the normal bedroom compare to some cottage which are fare from the west beach.
I advise to use the shuttle of the hotel, even if a bit expensive compare to other solution, it is money spent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Railay Bay R, Manager at Railay Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Antoine P

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you were overall very happy with the service, facilities and with our excellent location.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time your travels take you to Railay Beach

Sales & Marketing Team, Railay Bay Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed one night at this resort and was very pleased. Internet was easy, they provide passwords at the front desk. Though it wasn't perfect speed, the internet worked much better than other hotels we have stayed at in the beach areas.

When you disembark from the long tail on Railay West beach, you can walk to the resort, which is situated on the far right of the beach when you are facing away from the ocean.

We stayed in a privacy cottage closer to Railay West (the nice beach), which appear to be more updated than those closer to Railay East. The hotel flanks both sides. When you exit the hotel from Railay East, you can follow the path to the right to get to the princess cave and the other really nice beach through a short paved path that has rock outcroppings and vines. There also appeared to be a way on the path towards the lookout point that involves scaling (not hiking) a steep wall, ropes and all.

The privacy cottage (Expedia at $180 plus per night) had an untreated, unwarmed jacuzzi and outdoor shower, which were fun to use. The room was clean, stylish and comfortable. Some would consider the bed mattress hard as it is less thick than American mattresses. I shy away from anything too rustic. There are two pools -- the amoeba shaped on facing Railay west, and a quieter one with no beach view that had petals from the trees in it. That pool had its own charm. There were kids. Restaurant was good and convenient. Breakfast was included and was first rate right on the the beach with stunning views. The grounds are lucscious. There is an ATM through the hotel grounds when walking towards Railay East.

Our flight out of Krabi was not until 8 pm. Though we could not check out later, they stowed our luggage and allowed us to shower later in the day in an unmade room. This was much appreciated. Service was generally better than other places.

The hotel offers a transfer package to Krabi airport for around 1500 baht. Cheaper to get a longtail to Ao Nang (100 baht) and take the shuttle (multiple places to catch it at 150 baht) to Krabi airport, granted the transfer may be more convenient for less mobile folks.

Dear Dateleaf

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful location and great beach. It was hard to get to which makes it even more special, but also a big hassle. We had lots of luggage traveling from the US to china and then to Phuket, and this was a huge inconvenience. The hotel staff was nice, and helped us get our stuff off the boat. I would recommend packing light and bringing only swimming suit and dresses! Beautiful sites and good food and drink at hotel. Very romantic!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Railay Bay R, Manager at Railay Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Abby G

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

As another reviewer mentioned, it is impossible to get a hold of anyone at this hotel either via email (no reply) or phone (line is always busy). You can travel there by the public boats, just be aware that you'll have to walk in the water and carry your luggage while doing so when getting on/off the boat. Pack light, and wear shorts + flip-flops.

Staff are very friendly, but the check-in process was a pain. They tried to stick us with two single beds (we booked a King), and it took them a while to sort things out. Once it was sorted, they gave us a room where the door didn't lock properly. The wifi connection is spotty at best. The rooms are not that clean.

Location is fantastic, easy access to the East and West beaches. The breakfast is pretty good.

Room Tip: The rooms that are further to the East are cheaper, but not as nice.
Dear shimTO

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This resort was our first stop in Thailand after our flight from London. Firstly if you are thinking of staying at this hotel and want to communicate with them before hand be aware that it took me 4 emails to the hotel before I got a reply. I wanted to book the airport transfer and emailed 3 different email addresses I found online several times before I got a response so leave yourself plenty of time before you travel to get this arranged.
After a long flight we didn't want the hassle of getting a taxi so the airport transfer the hotel offers was very good and the staff were very friendly when they picked us up.
The transfer includes a long boat trip across to Railay beach which provides fantastic views over to Railay. The transfer was around £15 each one way.
The staff at the hotel are not overly friendly which may be down to language barriers. It is situated with amazing views on Raliay beach and the restaurant could not have a better views of the beautiful beach.
I booked a private cottage with a jacuzzi. This was a bit dissapointing as it was freezing and had no heating. I know that the temperature in the day was really hot however the jacuzzi was situated in the shade so didn't really warm up so it would have been nice just for a bit of heating. The room was clean and tidy but it could do with a bit of modernisation. The breakfast is Buffett style and pretty good choices. All in all I would recommend this hotel but only if you get a good deal I would say it is more of a good 3 star then a 4.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

As probably everyone doing these days, I read the reviews before making any booking and I mostly tried to focus and understand the bad ones.
When I got to Railay Bay Resort I realized that there was nothing to worry about and that this resort is great place for a great price.

The reception girls weren't too friendly and giggled in Thai couple of times which felt lil rude to me, since I didn't understand what they were saying. They weren't very informative (where the hotel is located and what's there to do). But well, you are not going to see them more than the check in/out so don't let that effect choosing there. You will get a drink while doing check-in and then someone will take you to your room.

My room was 1502 which was located on the east side. At first I thought that it's a bummer but then I realized that it's the better part which was close to all bars and my favorite spot Phra Nang Beach.
The Room was very big and had everything you need. From beach bag with shade to put on the sand to light (for the night), umbrellas and two bottles of water every day. There's a fridge and a safe (my safe unfortunately wasn't working well). There's shower and bath.

Hotel's restaurant is located on west side- beachfront which is of course great way to start the day. It took me about 6 minutes walk every morning from my room. It was very rich breaky and mixture of everything from Thai food to sausages and potatoes, from poached eggs to French toast and pancakes.

There are two pools one is beachfront and the other one is in the middle of the resort. It wasn't packed with people because I think most prefer going to the beach. Only on my last day, I decided to check the pool.

Getting there: After landing in Krabi, when you get outside, you will see Airport bus shuttle, which cost about 100BHT and it will take you to Ao Nang (you need to stop at LongTail boat) where you take the boat also for about 100BHT. (This entire journey would take you about an hour). Take in mind that you might need to get into the water to pop on the boat so change to your swimsuit and flipflops (sandals). The boat leaves with 10 people at at time, we were 8 so we all paid for the 2 missing and hit the road. When you get to Railay beach the hotel will be at the end of your right side .

On the way back I checked with the hotel for transfer to KRabi airport and they wanted to charge me about 1200BHT, after walking on the east side, I found a tour company that did that for 400bht. You can of course go back on the same way you got there but I didn't want to leave early and count on public transportation. Ride back took 50 minutes.
Take in mind that there are many tour/ transportation companies over there so if you are planning to go to different destination you don't have to take flight to and you can take boat and bus with them (I even saw transportation to Singapore).

To summarize all, I would definitely recommend you going to Railay beach and Railay bay resort.
Last tip- Leave this location to be the last one because It will leave sweet memory. I would be very disappointed if I went after to Phuket for example.

PS- Read my review about Railay Beach

Room Tip: if you know that you are going to spend most of the day on Phra Nang Beach ask a room next to East B...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We book this hotel after we arrive at the Kravi Airport. We had done our research beforehand and find out this is a nice place to stay. We called the hotel from the airport and booked our room. The resort had no free transfer service, found out that the money they asked to pick up service was a bit much, its less expensive if we book through airport tourist office. We got upto Ao nang from the Airport by a airport shuttle and took a shared boat to Railey East. It was night time when we arrived, as soon as we informed at the east side gate of Railay bay resort a golf cart was sent to pick us up. My wife and I stayed there for two nights at a 2nd floor deluxe room. We would like to stay there for all the time we were in Railay but the hotel was over booked on the third day. The room was spacious spotless, room service was great. Several options were available at the breakfast. The location of the restaurant is awesome, you spend the whole day sitting there, the view is really astonishing the beach the sea and the two cliffs all are visible from this eating place. We didn’t try Lunch or dinner there as we were roaming around the island. There are two swimming pool one is in the front side (west side) facing the beach. This is the main pool. This has towel service and a bar area. Other pool is in the east side little quieter. The check in and the check out was quick. We checked out in the morning and went to another hotel which is next door and they provided a butler who helped us to take our luggages to the next door hotel. I very much recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Railay Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!