My wife and I stayed at Railay resort for 3 nights in the middle of March. We stayed in a Deluxe Suite (not a cottage) because they were closer to beach and everything. We read the reviews on trip advisor and figured that the location was more important than the quality of the hotel. The other reviews people have written are bang on - average quality but over priced hotel that gets away with its prices because of the out standing location. Would we stay here again? In a heart beat. The location easily makes up for the lacklustre attitude that embodies the entire staff, which I believe boils down to a management issue.
I wont go into great detail of the entire resort but Ill highlight a few of the greats and a few of the poors....
- Were waiting for us on the beach with a dolly when we got off the long tail to take our luggage. They were the only hotel on the strip doing this.
- Location, Location, Location - enough said
- Great and clean pool only feet away from the beach
- Breakfast had a surprisingly good selection, and was good.]
- Shockingly smooth airport transfer that went down with no glitches (1200 Baht. Includes boat and car transfer)
- Our first room (#0204) smelled like cigarettes (non smoking room) and then flooded when we took a shower. We obviously switched rooms. In the second room our sink drain was 90% clogged but it didn't bother us much, so we settled.
- Reception was very lacklustre, along with most of the service in general. They seemed to spend more time joking amongst themselves then attending to the needs of the guests. Expect to get four different waiters during dinner and repeat yourself each time only to still have something wrong, more organisation needed badly.
- Lots of flies on/around food during breakfast...a lot.
- Overpriced drinks (beer,water,juice,cocktails - everything) but this is to be expected.
Like I said at the beginning - we went into this expecting all these things and it made it easier to accept, and we would book here again just because it was a good enough hotel to sleep at in order to enjoy the surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A pearl in the Andaman for you to touch." Railay Bay Resort & Spa is part of an exclusive group of resorts that have beach front access to the renowned Railay Beach, which is perfectly located in Krabi, a most picturesque province. You will find that we are the only beach resort that has a West to East orientation at Railay Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Priceline so you can book your Railay Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Railay Bay Hotel Krabi Town
- Railay Bay Resort And Spa
- Railay Bay Resort & Spa Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand