“Grabone” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Grabone”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Bought a Grabone to the value of $39.80 with the only exclusion (scotch fillet main) ordered Vegetarian Burger $10 with fries $5.50 fries refused owner said I had to pay for the fries (very confused) cancelled fries as I did not see why I should pay for something when I had only spent $10?? Then ordered Quiche slice with side Salad (not sure of the value) plus minus $15.00 but I was denied this as the owner said it was not on the Grabone deal (remember the exclusion!!) and I had to pay for the Quiche and the Salad, so once again I cancelled my order. I ordered the Corn Fritters minus the bacon value $16.00 so my total order was for $26.00 I am still confused as to why I could not get the Quiche, Side Salad or Fries!!?? The owner said that she would look this up on the internet as this was her first time using Grabone and walked off, I never saw her again as she could not be bothered to come back and explain the confusion to us! What made matters worse was that my friend in front of me ordered the Chicken Burger with Fries and got her Fries! Discrimination against Vegetarians or just plain confusion...... Bad management! The waitress that served us was outstanding, thank you. No problem with Grabone, fantastic service, but Seacharge Beach Café........ sort yourself out! I was not the only customer that was unhappy there that day, just the only one that spoke up!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely service, Fab food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This place is yummy, great little gem, just what you need after a day of swimming, sunshine, walking and admiring how beautiful this part of the world is ...

Visited March 2014
HK
“Warm service, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We were driving from Auckland to Paihia and needed to make a quick stop for lunch. Happened to find this restaurant by chance when I googled the area. The food is very good value for money. The staff recommended the Fish & Chips special, pan fried or friend in battered for $9.99 which was superb. All the ingredients they use are very fresh. The owner even came out and shared her cooking tips with us. They have a good selection of cakes too, but we didn't get to try them this time. Would definitely recommend anyone who desires a nice lunch to try this cozy place.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Good Food, Very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The seafood we have there was very fresh and the home made dressing for the salad taste really good. Staff are friendly and helpful.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Great Food, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We have been to SeaChange Beach Café a number of times and there is always a good selection of both cold and hot food available. Staff have always been friendly and helpful and the service is prompt.

• Visited January 2014