This is truly a lovely B & B in a charming old house. A warm welcome awaited from Sue, with tea an cake in the drawing room. Bed was comfortable and clean. However, there were some areas that could be improved:
- one egg, a small sausage, tiny piece of bacon, teaspoon of mushrooms, 1/8th inch thick black pudding slice and half a tiny tomato does not constitute a "full English breakfast". Even in a 2-star run-of-the-mill establishment one would at least have expected two eggs., two rashers of bacon, generous mushrooms, tomatoes and beans. I felt somewhat embarrassed at the surprised faces of the overseas tourists on a nearby table at what was considered a "full English breakfast". It was just not good enough. Toast was very slow in coming and should have been offered at the start of breakfast service with the tea/coffee. There was a nice bowl of fruit but some berries were still frozen. Coffee was weak and inferior.
There was a basket in the room to make morning tea - the three containers had teabags, herbal tea and loose tea? (No pot or strainer). No coffee satchets at all. The bathroom was small but adequate and towels were large and soft. However, toiletries should have been replaced for subsequent nights.
There was a lovely old dog roaming around but I personally found it most objectionable that the dog should have been allowed to sniff around diners at the breakfast table - a dog has no place at all in the dining room of such an establishment.
- Also Known As:
- Sissinghurst Castle Farmhouse Hotel
- Sissinghurst Castle Farmhouse Hotel Sissinghurst
- Sissinghurst Castle Farmhouse
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victorian grandeur and quirkiness of the Farmhouse has been retained in an extensive refurbishment offering luxury accommodation and high quality hospitality within the stunning historic setting of The National Trust's Sissinghurst Castle. Just 100 yards from the World famous gardens and in the glorious Wealden countryside, the seven en-suite bedrooms and quality hospitality will ensure a truly memorable stay. ... more less