“FIRST TIME STAY IN SUNGKAI HOT SPRING” 3 of 5 stars

Felda Residence Trolak
Sungkai 35600 , Malaysia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sungkai
Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
“FIRST TIME STAY IN SUNGKAI HOT SPRING”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Top rooms are quieter and cooler. Hotel rooms are spacious with iron board, mini-fridge, hot water tea-pot and HBO tv channel. Nice relaxing place for family with old folks, cooling, quiet and peacefull atmosphere. Even old folks on wheel chair are easy to move about with smooth foot-path road.
Only negative point was........ "ANTS" on the bed side...... need quality housekeeping ..... cleaners must observe and not just tidy the room for the sake of completing their job....

Room Tip: Rooms are better than villas as the cold pool and hot spring pool is closer compared to villas.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a night for my company's team building activity. The place is surrounded by greeneries which is a plus point. However, my nightmare started from the moment I stepped into the room. It was quite old and dirty. When I took a look under the washbasin, I was totally disgusted. It looks as though it was never cleaned for ages. The room rendered a very spooky feeling. No lift, poor lighting in the corridor and receptions closed by 11 pm. Which means, if something were to happen in the wee hours you need to fend for yourself. This is exactly what happened to me and my roommates. I would never stay in this place again!

• Stayed June 2013
KL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

It would appear that maintenance is a tough mistress to keep. Made a return visit (there have been several) to the Hot Springs with a friend from Oz. I was actually gushing about what a lovely place it was, and was praising the management's efforts in upkeeping the place to relatively competitive (by Malaysian standards) levels. My cynical friend kept saying, "Could be better". And, as if in response to his remark, we came across a major boo-boo.

One really nice feature at Sg Klah is the refloxology walk. Its well designed, and has the added feature of natural hot spring water skimming over the stones, so as you walk on the pebbles, you also get a hot foot treatment. We walked around the circuit, and as we returned to the landing, we saw the bad news! There is an electric light on a pole at the landing. Nothing fancy, and meant to be purely functional for the benefit of late night walkers. The electric cabling was spliced at about 2 feet from ground level, and the whole thing looked like it was done by a failure of a wireman. Exposed wires, and a non secure terminal plate made the whole thing a recipe for disaster. Think boisterous children on holiday. Think wet bodies, and you will understand my concern.

But the real disaster lay in the fact that when I tried to contact the management the next day to warn them of the potential hazard, I was given a polite run around to call several numbers in turn, in order to reach the "correct" people. This, I did, and sent off emails to boot. Hopefully, they have taken the matter seriously. I wouldn't really know, because there has been neither acknowledgement, nor feedback, as would have been the response, in the case of a concerned business entity when faced with pertinent comments from a well meaning visitor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
KL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I beg to differ from the earlier brickbats... And for further info, I am not an employee of Felda in any way.

I went there for the hot springs... and was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Clean, well maintained. The facilities could be better, for eg, private hot pools would be a great addition. The villas a rea a tad expensice if you are in a small group. I stayed in a regular room.

The hot pool is therapeutic, after a few hours it tends to get you relaxed. That evening, I slept like I've not slept in a long time. Have recommended the place to friends, who found it a great place for a day trip.

BTW, I went in mid 2011, so they probably have done up the place since the last bad reviews. Some construction is still happening here and there. Give it time, and with common sense and good management, it will be a winner.

Room Tip: The twin sharing rooms are an easy walk from the hot pools.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is so far the worst vacation trip ever. I would encourage all the citizens to pass this trip even if they provide exclusive free (therefore you will get a lot of disappointment). They provide lousy accommodation, trash food and beverage, a lot of mosquitoes and insects and etc. Kindly knowing the nearest hospital or clinic if you are bringing your grandmother or grandfather, I fear they might get heart attack. This is considered my Worst Nightmare and it could be happen to you.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

Ermm..how do I start ! Everything is bad the moment we step into the hotel, and seriously, I can't wait to check out the moment tomorrow's daylight come !

Don't be fooled by the glossy website and marketing, this is a badly maintained hotel !

I have the feeling that this was originally government office block that was converted into a hotel, as the room design is poor.

Location isn't great either !

Breakfast..horrible ! Suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh God..what kind of..!!!!!!!!!

No more second time !

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

The package that we took was the RM90 per room per night inc of 2 tickets to Sg. Klah Hot Springs. The weird thing is that when I did the reservation, the receptionist quoted me the normal rate of RM140. She then only quoted me the promotional rate when I mentioned about it. In the website, the hotel looks so promising with its outdoor activities, lush green environment, etc. However, when we get there, we found out that the hotel is actually situated on the training grounds of Felda. Helloooo!!! We were there for a holiday not for a training session.

Rooms look very old and really need major refurbishment. Air conditioning was not strong enough to bring the room temperature down.

Speaking of food... The lake cafe was OK but after the "so-called" complimentary breakfast, my friend had to take 2 sachets of Chi Kit pills due to purging and stomach ache. I really pity those who can't afford expensive hotels but hoping of finding a good one when visiting this hotel. Like me, its just a matter of no other choices due to the long Lunar New Year Holiday in Malaysia. For example, on the buffet table, it is written Orange Juice whereas it is actually Orange Cordial. Butter is swapped with margarine. The rest of the food I should not mention as I think most of you can imagine it. (Even Seri Malaysia is far much better)

I bought 2 packs of cigarettes from the gift shop. Shockingly, the price is 30cents more expensive. It was not that hard for them to stock the cigarettes there as compared to some other hill or island resorts... Such a rip-off

All in all... better avoid this hotel. You'll regret it once you have reached the rooms and praying that the night would be over soon so you could check out and find another hotel

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Felda Residence Trolak? Share your experiences!