“Old and not worth the 4 stars” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jayakarta Lombok Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Jayakarta Lombok Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Jayakarta Lombok Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Raya Senggigi Km 4, PO Box 1112, Senggigi, Lombok, Indonesia   |
Ranked #15 of 23 hotels in Senggigi
San Francisco, California
“Old and not worth the 4 stars”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The room smelled damp and musty. We asked for a different room. The next room smelled slightly better but it still smelled.
We booked this hotel through a travel agent so we feel cheated after we found how bad the hotel condition was.
Room size was adequate but there're bugs inside the room (including mosquitos). I couldn't get a good sleep because of the mosquito.
The toilet bowl didn't work propertly, The water doesn't fill up, I had to call the room service to fix the toilet bowl.
I could hear my neighbor's conversation. The wall is thin so expect no privacy.
The wireless internet signal doesn't reach our room. So much for advertising a free wireless internet.
The gym was pathetic. There's only one elliptical machine in the center of the "gym". The gym is hot, humid without air conditioning and it smells too. There is no ventilation besides the entrance door.
There's a beggar in the private beach, and some very aggressive sellers. I couldn't really enjoy the beach. Not to mention the beach was dirty and the sand is black.

Even though I have reserved the room for a few night, I moved to Sheraton (Luckily I have some SPG points to burn).

Room Tip: Bring mosquito repellant. If you can speak indonesian, you can talk to the fishermen living next to...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cherry A, General Manager at Jayakarta Lombok Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Oby S,

Thanks for your valuable comments and for having your holiday at our property.

Your valuable comments are helpful for us to enhance our facilities & quality of services, which we wish will not happened anymore..

Should you have any other suggestion or queries, please feel free to contact us.

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Jayakarta is a little bit old hotel, but the facilities are still properly maintained. The hotel have a private beach, which is really fun to relax and enjoy the sunset. In the evening the beach is quite dark, but it still fun to sit around.
The hotel have a really nice pools for adult and kids. Breakfast menu was decent and varied, but the taste was okay.

Just in front of the hotel there is a private car rental, which is quite cheap for all day rental.

The access to Jayakarta is easy by car or public transportation. But it's quite far to find good food outside the hotel. So you'll have to travel up north about 1-2 km in Senggigi to find restaurants.

However, we enjoy our stay in Jayakarta, and will be come again in our next visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ronn,

Thanks for your nice comments and for having your holiday at our lovely property.
We trust your holiday at our hotel made a new experience and become a memorable one.

Your nice comments are helpful for us to enhance our facilities & quality of services.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a garden hotel, with good property and maintenance. They have their own beach, so it is very relaxing. The garden is very big, but nicely maintain. The room is ok, they give me a cottage, really nice. The food is ok, the service is ok. I wonder whether they have a sort of escalator or lift, coz the lobby and resto is in the upper floor, maybe a bit hard for the old traveller to climb. Overall, this is a good price hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the same level with lobby and resto......
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Eddy,

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My friend and I stayed here in September on our own. As two women, we felt really safe. The rooms are nice - very basic, nothing fancy, but not unclean. We were happy with the price we paid, the location (maybe a liiiittle far away from where lots of stuff was happening?), the service, etc. There is definitely a lack of English speaking, so we had a few issues with the language barrier, but overall nothing terrible. The pool and pool area were clean. The beach wasn't super clean... we stuck to the pool.

We did a lot of guided tours so they coordinated the pick up, most of the day's activities, and the drop off at the end. I would definitely recommend those because they make seeing the island easier (I would image it's difficult to do on your own).

I would definitely recommend getting a massage at the hotel. They only do it in the rooms, but it is SO cheap. I gave the girl $20 for my $14-16 hour-long massage, and she was so excited she added extra time. So worth it and so relaxing after the long travel hours to get there.

If I had to do it over again, I'd try to stay a night or two on one of the Gili Islands. I'd go to a hotel like this again.

Room Tip: Ocean view, of course. Or at least a pool view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Hotel is situated by Sengigi beach with its grey sandy beach. The hotel is quite old but they are still in working condition. The garden is maintained quite well and is nice for a short walk. There is not much to see on the other side of the hotel. I really like the breakfast spread with its various dishes. The breakfast room or area is located near the pool or beach. You can take your breakfast while hearing the waves rushing to shore. Very nice indeed

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Arrived after midnight, stayed the night and checked out early in the morning as I was meeting friends who were staying in a nearby hotel that was fully booked, before we headed off to Gili T for a few nights. The hotel is really quite old and run down. I can appreciate that they have made an effort to keep it as clean and tidy as possible but I wouldn't have liked to stay here for too long. Room was quite spacious with all the usual amenities and had a small sea facing balcony which i have to say was quite pleasant. The place also has a serious insect problem. Ants, insects and other bugs everywhere. Breakfast I thought was quite poor quality and the restaurant was busy and chaotic. Granted the rate was very cheap $50US for the night and you get what you pay for. I really was just looking for somewhere to rest my head for a few hours before heading off again so it served the purpose but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We book this hotel for 2 days from the internet,we have a standar room,in the backyard of the hotel,we ask for room service because we was really late,thirsty and hungry,i decided to ask for a cesar salad for share with my husband and a beer,my surprise the salad was swiming in dressing the 7 leaves of lettuce the 2 cherry tomatoes and im sure was not even 10 grams of chicken was costing me 8€ and also the beer 8€,what a surprise in the morning we woke up,the room full of mosquitoes of course they eat us,was a liking water directly over the toilet,and the air condition we open the minibar and OMG! full of mold dirty and stinks like hell,and believed me you will not put even a closed can there,was really disgusting...the breakfast was included was ok,this is a big branch hotel,and i dunno how they dare to charge you arround 60€.
You cant be able to sit outside the room because the mosquitoes theyre ready to eat you.
By the way,you can imaging had to put in your completly body some autan(mosquito repelent) just for sleep?
Ill not recomend this hotel for anybody,expensive,stinky,dirty and old!

Room Tip: You can walk and look for more hotels arround this one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Jayakarta Lombok Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!