“Great lunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Santosa Villas & Resort

Save Saved
You added The Santosa Villas & Resort to your Saves list
The Santosa Villas & Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Raya Senggigi Km 8, Senggigi, Lombok 83125, Indonesia   |
Ranked #16 of 23 hotels in Senggigi
Perth, Australia
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We only had lunch there but it was fantastic and the service was good.

We couldnt find an area with air conditioning to eat which was disappointing as it was so hot.
They had nowhere ready for us to have lunch although we were quite early. The beach in front of the resort was nice and the pool area and gardens were lovely and not too busy. The staff were all polite and helpful. The service was good.

It looked like a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We didnt stay
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ServinStephane, General Manager at The Santosa Villas & Resort, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and comments, we are actually looking at closing the main area of our Seaside restaurant in order to provide dinners with an aircon area, it is true that during the rainy season, after heavy rain the place can feel hot despite the ceiling fans.
We will let you know when it is done and some photos will be posted on our facebook page.
Hope you had a good trip home, and looking forward to your next Lombok visit

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I visited Lombok only for three days, with my husband, my mother, and my two years old daughter and I decided to stay at Santosa after reading reviews @ tripadvisor. We stayed in two deluxe cottage rooms. They even gave me discount, I paid less than 100 USD for a room a night.
The reception: they had guests lining up in front of the reception desk. But they didn't keep me waiting. They allowed me to fill in registration document at lobby, with four glasses of delicious vegetable juice as welcome drink.
The hotel: Simply wide and green! Very refreshing atmosphere.
The room: it was GREAT! More than I expected. Clean and beautiful. And the bathroom was also good.
The facilities: they had great pool and nice water tube. We could use it for free. They also have several games but I didn't use it. The woman at spa service was very friendly too. And they had a boutique, selling souvenirs.
The food/restaurant: it was quite expensive, but they served large size. And I love their sunken bar! They also had nice snacks.
And when I called for reservation, they offered me a driver to pick us up from the airport and take us to the places we want to see. I agreed, and I thank God that I agreed! The man was very friendly, he showed us great places (he took us to Tanjung Aan and that was just stunning) and delicious restaurant with reasonable price. He got along very well with my daughter, too. Thanks, Santosa. You made my short trip very memorable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GM_Santosa, General Manager at The Santosa Villas & Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and comments, I am glade you enjoyed your stay and our lovely island, I will pass on to my staff your kind words, and we hope to see you again
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed in Santosa for 4D/3N with my big family during the Eid holiday. When I first arrived in this resort, I was surprised by the sheer size of it. This is a huge hotel! So huge that when we were brought to our rooms, my dad complained about how far his room was from the reception area. When I asked the staff if I could switch to a room closer to the reception, we have to wait for about 10 minutes before my dad finally can get a room much closer to reception area. The hotel is big with beautiful gardens, huge pools and the buildings were well maintained. Room was spacious and cozy enough (deluxe suite). Breakfast was a bit average in taste and variety. Service is a bit lacking. My room was not provided with bathrobe, while my dad's was. the bar soap was not replenished everyday. But the location is very strategic, in close proximity to good restaurants and shops.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
First of all I would like to apologize for your bathrop and amenity issue and I will personaly look into this matter. I am glade we could accomodate your father with a closer room and we do hope to see you in lombok again.
Thank you for your comments as they are very important for us to see where we must improve in order to provide you always with the best possible experience.
Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

nice resort and the hospitality, but hot water in room should be improve, nice breakfast too and I will come again with my family for a couple of night. the bathroom especially bath tub need to renew. I would like to find some food for breakfast such as rice crispiest or cornflakes, but can't find it, cause I love it for my breakfast

Room Tip: stay at Villa it will be nice
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments and rest assure that we are focusing on refurbishing all our bathroom, remind Reservation on your next trip and we will do our best to allocate you a room where the bathroom has been done, as it is still in progress at this stage.
With regards to cerels, please do ask the staff, we do not put them on the buffet any more as some fo the guests were packing for a week of cereal in one morning and briging them home...
They are available but on request to our service staff.
We do hope to see you again in the future for another good family break
Best regards
Makassar, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

First thing, the hotel staff are very nice and smiley. The room service men are helpful and totally wants the guest feel homey. The furniture, as the hotel looks old, are quiet vintage and smell old but the wodden floor feels clean and smooth. We stay in what they mark as terrace room which have a balcony facing the garden. The pool is huge and fantastic, the kids love it, so do I as it face tru the beach, altough you can not see the beach directly from the pool. The bathroom also old but clean, the ceiling look older than the bedroom. The bathtub very standard but as long as all clean and the hot water running smooth, it's OK for us. We enjoy our stay, especially because the great pool. Probably will come back to stay at the suite room.

Room Tip: Pool view maybe more interesting, terrace room are so average.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GM_Santosa, General Manager at The Santosa Villas & Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments and we do proceed at this time in the upgrade and renovation of most of the rooms in the main building, not in construction but in massive clean up so that your next stay will be more enjoyable. Rest assured that I will pass on to our staff your input as to better serve all our guest, we do hope to see you again in Lombok and at the Santosa.
Best regards
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Ok enough stay, $70/night through Agoda. Rooms are sort of bare bones. Very spotty wifi, only available in lobby. Had to ask many times just to get the correct login info. Wouldn't it be easy to just hand a copy to guests?

Our real problems began after we left. My fiancé had forgot an expensive pair of glasses in the room. After emailing the hotel three times with no response, we finally got through on a Skype connection and received terrible customer service. It seemed to be all about how we could help them, not how they could help us. Easily could have been delivered to the our next hotel in the Gili's, but now we are waiting in Kuta for the glasses. Fingers crossed they arrive before we leave the country. They hopefully will finally be shipped, four days after our first email. Stressful way to end our trip. Thanks a lot Santosa staff.

• Stayed August 2012
GM_Santosa, General Manager at The Santosa Villas & Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for our review and comments, and I do believe you have received your forgotten glasses by now, It is correct that internet was troublesome while you stayed with us as telkom was doing some maintenance on the fiber optic cable, That also explained why calling with skype was not the best way to communicate. I was at the front office when you called and the line was so bad that we could not understand a word, but despite all this we emailed twice the Warung Cho Cho ( without answer) where you stayed and called them to make sure they were aware that your glasses had been already sent by express courier to your Bali stay.
Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Visited this resort in December 2011. It is very well located at the center of Senggigi. The beach was okay, better go to one of the Gilis for much better beach activities. But if you aim for swimming, the pool is great especially for kids.
The breakfast was delicious and the choices were abundant.
We stayed in a standard room which was clean. It has a verandah where you could sit and enjoy the greenery. The bathroom is quite small.
The service was okay, but it took them years to get me a hairdryer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
GM_Santosa, General Manager at The Santosa Villas & Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for your comments and to make sure your next stay with us is better, be advised that we have started to put hairdryer in all rooms, it was long overdue.

Been to The Santosa Villas & Resort? Share your experiences!