Recently my Wife and I spent 7 days at the Sheraton in Senggigi and I am happy to say that the resort was absolutely wounderful.We arrived after dark late on the Saturday night, found somwhere down the road for dinner and hit the sack. We woke up the next morning and the view from our room was sensational,over looking the beautifull gardens and then out to sea. Then we went for breakfast. Let me say that this is one of the best breakfast buffets that I have ever encountered. I have stayed in some of the best 5 Star hotels in SE Asia and this breakfast Buffet is amongst the best. It starts at 7am and winds up at 11am and has everything from sushi to soft serve ice cream, from eggs benidict to hot fresh waffles.
The pool area is fantastic, the best place to enter is down the water slide out of giant head. It is cool to swim in and not heavily chlorinated, Get the right sun lounger and you can swim in the pool and in the ocean without moving 20 meters.
The staff at this resort are second to none, be it the the pool attendants, the house keeping staff or the gardeners (one old guy who is very small but pushes a lawn mower like thers no tomorrow with the biggest smile on his face)They are all very freindly and will always try to make you feel special, this is a credit to the managnent of the resort who obviously respect their employees and this reflects through their attitude towards their guests.
The one thing though I am not to sure about is the turtle realease programe. My self and three other family members realeased 4 baby turtles from the beach only to watch them struggle to swim away. It was quite destressing to watch them get constantaly washed back to shore and after about 45 minutes I did think about putting them back in the hatchling pool. I know that this endeveour is in the best intentions, but I feel conditions for their release should take priority than when guests request it. I did also feel that the hatchling pool was a a little under maintianed, a constant flow of fresh sea water should be pumped through to ensure they have the best quality of water. It was a little smelly and some of the hatchlings had some eye infections that were quite noticeable.
Back on a happier note we will be back and I am sure that the freindly nature of the resort will be there on my return.
Congratulations for being my now favourite Holiday Resort Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort, an idyllic tropical retreat in Lombok. Enjoy a comfortable getaway amidst plentiful sun, sand and surf. Ideally located on Senggigi Beach, the lush western coast of Lombok, the resort is just a short walking distance of the town’s shops, restaurant, bars and merely 75-minutes drive from Lombok International Airport.Feel the warmth of Sheraton at your perfect tropical escape at the Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Senggigi Beach Hotel Senggigi
- Sheraton Mataram
- Mataram Sheraton
- Sheraton Lombok
- Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort Lombok