“The staff are the star of the hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort

You added Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Senggigi Km. 8, Senggigi, Lombok 83355, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Buy 2 Nights Get 3rd Free
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Senggigi
singapore
“The staff are the star of the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I took a week long break from 1st Jan to 6th Jan and stayed at Sheraton Senggigi. Though looking its age, it retains a beach resort style with its own private beach area. The room I stayed is big and leads to the nice garden from my balcony which I ran twice during my stay. Also, the hotel is within walking distance of the nice restaurants (Taman and Square) and massage (Marshander Spa).

Breakfast food is awesome and fresh and certain tables allow you a nice view of the pool and the sea. The swimming pool is awesome with its clean water and unique designs. Best deck chairs are those facing the sea.

Hotel comes decked with a nice gym and two tennis courts too.

What sets this hotel apart from the rest I have stayed before is the Staff. I must say they are one of the friendliest and nicest bunch I have ever encountered. Always smiling and asking you how is your day, they also readily share tips where to go on Lombok. Spoke to two of them and both have worked 11 and 15 years respectively at the hotel. Such loyalty is uncommon nowadays. Perhaps only thing is need to add more deck chairs near the pool.

Whatever the hotel is doing right, keep it going and keep up the good work.

Room Tip: The best blocks are near the lobby, however staying near the gardens is good too. Walking to pool, m...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
sheratonsenggigi, General Manager at Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear guests,

We would like to say thank you for such a lovely review following your week stay with us.

It is such a pleasure to read your comment about our staff, they have been already informed and you can trust that they are very proud of your feedback.

In regards to sunbeds, we are waiting a delivery and we will purchase more before our next high season.

Hopefully you will visit Lombok again soon and we will be delighted to welcome you back.

Dominique Duvivier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have just left Sheraton Senggigi after a 5 day stay. If the staff hadn't been as good as they were, this hotel would have got a lot lower score from me. Seriously, the staff could not do enough for you, and I don't normally single out staff, but Daniel in the reception/front desk was fantastic.
I have read that there is an upgrade in the pipeline - I say do it ASAP before the brand is damaged. The room itself was very tired, with door handles missing, mismatched hangers (not that this is an issue, just pointing out!!), chipped furniture, bathroom old and in major need of repair, and over all it was just ok. I stayed in room 1205, which is in a fantastic location - beach and pool views, and close to everything. I heard it can be a long walk from other areas of the hotel!
It is in the majorly busy part of Senggigi beach, which is fine if you like lots of people. I was there over the New Year Period, and there were millions of locals swimming and playing on the beach just up from the hotel. I appreciate it was holiday season, so this may not be an issue at other times, although I have moved to a hotel about 20 minutes up the beach, and it is very quiet up here! The staff are very good though, and it looks like they keep numbers to a minimum outside the Sheraton!
If you get walk along the beach about 3 doors, there is a great little restaurant called Lotus Bayview that has both local and Italian food. If you get sick of the local food - try their wood fired pizza ... yummy!!!

• Stayed December 2012
sheratonsenggigi, General Manager at Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear guests,

We are thankful to you to have reviewed your experience with us and delighted that you have such high consideration for our staff and especially for Daniel who will be recognized accordingly.

In regards to refurbishment, no update at this stage but you can ensure that we will keep you informed on any progress.

As you were staying with us during this very high season, it was quite crowded in the surrounding however , as we have a great relationship with the local community, the beach sellers are quite respectful and stay a bit away of our property.

We are in the process to launch new menus and hopefully if you visit us again in a near future, you might experience a “yummy” food at our resort as well!!

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have stayed in many Starwood Hotels and in our opinion The Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort is by far the worst one in terms of quality and definitely not a 5-Start hotel. The hotel requires improvement to meet the SPG standards.
We checked in late in the evening with one of the room air-con not working. We have to endure the night with a noisy portable air cooler.
While bathing half way, the electric tripped and it’s a common problem we faced during our 6 days stay there. Luckily we are well prepared with 3 torchlights.
Nice patio but it’s a pity that we can’t enjoy as there are lots of mosquitos even in the rooms.
The spa has fair prices but the quality of treatment was less than average.
Wifi connection is very poor always have problem logging in can be improved.
There are no much choices for the breakfast buffet as well as the restaurant menu.
We read from internet that every Friday there will be releasing of turtles and our kids are so excited about this event but there were no turtles at all in Sheraton.

It’s a total disappointment and far below our expectation.

Room Tip: Think before you book.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
sheratonsenggigi, General Manager at Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear guests,

On behalf of the full team, I would like to apologize if your experience with us has been far below your expectation.

I did reply to you on another social media where you posted similar comment and once again, I am sorry about these matters that has led you to a disappointing stay.

I have shared your comments with the team and some of these points will be surely rectified.

In regards to turtles, we have no other choice that waiting for a female turtles to come hopefully soon and deliver eggs on our beach then later we will be pleased to offer this lovely activity to our guests.

Once again, we feel sincerely sorry to have failed in delivering you with a pleasant stay and we wish that you will offer us another opportunity to better serve you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have just spent 10 nights over Christmas and new year at this hotel.

I have to say, given this is a Sheraton hotel, we found it very disappointing.

We had Christmas dinner at the hotel restaurant, and the service was atrocious. When we were shown to our table the restaurant was about half full. No one appeared to be actually eating anything though. We were eventually asked if we would like to order drinks. Then we had a 20 minute wait for the first course. After we had eaten the first course we had a 50 minute wait for the 2nd course. This after I had asked the waitress when we were likely to eat again. I asked to speak to the supervisor and he came out and apologised, after that as soon as we finished a course the next one was served immediately. For us what was meant to be a lovely relaxing night turned Into an extremely frustrating one.
We went to the desk to register for the New Year's Eve meal, and asked the lady if could look at the seating plan and menu, she looked at us like we had 2 heads!!! We went away feeling somewhat confused. The next day we decided to try again, and spoke to the same lady. It was like she had been on an overnight intensive training course!!! We managed to choose the table this time!!

On New Year's Eve, which was a brilliant night, with great entertainment and food, we were told that they had run out of vodka and beer. Only to find out later in the night that the hotel bar, which is only metres away was serving it. Also there were no fans in the marquee so it was like being in a sauna. A lot of the people we spoke to complained about this.

A lot of the people we got to know complained about the same thing. Lack of sun beds and parasols. For a hotel with the amount of rooms that it has, there is a disgraceful amount of sunbeds available. I reckon about 50 sunbeds in total. Considering a lot of families use this hotel there should be at least twice as much.
I saw a lot of people coming down to the pool (which is fabulous) looking very frustrated when they couldn't find a place with an empty Sunbed. The hotel needs to invest in this area.

Little things like no umbrellas or robes in the (tired)rooms disappoint and lead to the impression that the hotel needs to invest heavily or will end up as a run of the mill resort.

Even with all of the above negatives, we still had a wonderful time. The fitness room is excellent, and the staff are friendly. Also, the breakfast is exceptionally good. The beach front is very quiet and hawkers are kept away, which you will appreciate, because as soon as you step out of the Sheraton the hawkers will be after you in droves.

All in all, while we had a good holiday, we felt it could have been so much better. In all honesty, this hotel is just about clinging onto the Sheraton name.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear guests,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am sincerely sorry that we have not succeeded in making your 10 days stay more pleasant.

In regards to the Christmas dinner, we were prepared to deliver the menu at our Bawang Putih restaurant located at the poolside however just before dinner time, the weather condition obliged us to relocate to our other restaurant which created some perturbation on the service and I can ensure you that having checked personally the kitchen, the team was working really hard to send the dishes at quickest as possible.

Concerning new Year Eve dinner, I have requested from my Food and Beverage team some explanation regarding the beverage allegedly not available.

During these 10 days of full occupancy, it is correct that we could not provide sufficient sun beds, we have ordered some new ones which will be delivered hopefully soon.

Nevertheless, thank you for mentioning some positive points and good to hear that all in all, you had still a good holiday.

We wish that you will visit us again sometime soon our lovely island and we will be pleased to welcome you back to Sheraton Senggigi.

Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Yes, the Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort has a nice pool, lovely gardens, terrific views of the sea and white beach sands ... only problem is that one cannot swim in the ocean in front of this property as it's full of hard, sharp coral (as well being full of rubbish at times.)

This natural (rock) situation is certainly not Sheraton's fault ... but It's refusal to post signs to its guests informing them of this danger IS entirely their fault. Cannot believe they haven't been taken to court by an injured guest by now on this one. (Mea culpa if signage, now in 2013, has
been put up.)

So beware S.S. potential guests : if playtime in ocean waters is important to you while on holiday, best to steer clear of this property. And if you visit ANY beautiful beach with zero sunbathers in the water ... be wary of getting in yourself - that was my mistake at Senggigi.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guests,

Many thanks for your valuable review and we are grateful to you to raise our awareness on our beach condition.
We have just assigned a company to look after the nautical activities at our property and I will request them to identify the best location for swimming and inform accordingly our guests.
Our potential future guests will surely appreciate your advice however I believe that some guests come to Lombok also to escape the crowded beaches of Bali and will appreciate the beautiful unspoiled beaches that some parts of Lombok can offer.

Looking forward to you welcoming you again.

Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I decided to spend Christmas in Lombok, and being a SPG member and having stayed at many Sheraton hotels, I thought this would be a safe option.

I booked the Ocean view room on the second floor which was lovely, but a little dated as has been mentioned in other reviews. I read that they're looking to address this in the future.

We had two main issues with the room. Firstly, the aircon didn't work sufficiently, it cooled the room to around 28 - 30 degrees, even though we had the dial on -10. It was too hot to sleep comfortably in. The most disappointing part was that the bathroom stank of urine, we put up with it the first night, but in the morning complained to the hotel staff. The on duty manager was great, asked his team to address the aircon and clean the bathroom, and advised us that he could move rooms if we still had problems. 24hrs after the bathroom was cleaned it smelt fine, but came back. The duty manager we had spoken to was off work, so we complained again, this time it took staff three trips to our room, each time different people to assess the smell and ask to clean the room. In the end we move rooms which I'm glad to say was clean and the air con worked. It was definitely an issue with the room and not the standard of the cleaning staff they did an amazing job everyday.

As compensation for our inconvenience, the duty manager gave us a complimentary Christmas dinner which we appreciated. However, I'm regretful to say that the standard of the waiting staff on the night was terrible. They took forever to come and take the drinks order, the first course didn't come out until 40 mins after we arrived, some of the courses came out in the wrong order, and we received the same course twice in a row. Luckily we weren't in a rush, but if I was paying I would have been really disappointed, especially as the restaurant didn't look full at all. The standard of the food we had for dinner and lunch was disappointing so we visited many of the restaurants on the main road and beach. However, the breakfasts were great at the hotel.

The swimming pool looks great, however when we went down on our first day at midday to relax by the pool there were no beach towels left! The towel attendant told us that we had to wait 30 mins for them to come out of the tumble drier. Eventually we received some fresh towels. The next issue was that there weren't nearly enough beach loungers, around 40- 50, assuming most people are in a couple or a family it's certainly not enough for a hotel at full occupancy! We often had to wait at the tables for a lounger to become free. Disappointing when you book a beach holiday. Lastly, although not the hotels fault, the sea was full of so much rubbish, mainly plastic. In the whole week I only saw three couple dare the water. When we took a day trip from Lombok to the Gili Islands I was astonished how much rubbish was in the sea between the islands, it's disgusting and heart breaking to see.

On a positive note, the hotel staff are very friendly, they did try and help us with the room, and the hotel is in a great location for restaurants and bars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonsenggigi, General Manager at Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear guests,

On behalf of the full team of Sheraton Senggigi, I wish you a happy new year.

We would like to say thank you for reviewing your experience at our resort which was unfortunately not successful and we do apologize if you had a disappointing stay with us.

Without any excuse, we must admit that during the peak period of Christmas and New Year Eve, as the hotel is full, our service might be not at the same level of the one we provide usually and some guests encounter some problems like yours with air con that we always try to resolve in timely manner.

In regards to the sea, because of the latest heavy rains, the rivers nearby have rejected to the sea some rubbishes and this is an issue that with all my colleagues hoteliers we bring regularly to the local government and we do wish that they will start to take this problem seriously.

We wish that you will visit us again and we will ensure that your future experience will be much pleasant.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Sheraton was everything that you expect a 4.5 star hotel to be in Asia. The rooms were nice (the bathrooms could use a bit of an update though), spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was great and the staff were helpful and friendly and the hotel offers some activities to keep you entertained during the day if you don't want to venture out of the hotel. I would definately recommend this hotel to families mainly as there is a lot of kids - some may not like this on their honeymoons.

Room Tip: Try and get one on a high floor for a view of the sea or the bottom floor rooms have their own day b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonsenggigi, General Manager at Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear guests

Many thanks for your lovely review and we are pleased to read that your experience with us was at your level of expectations.

We are grateful to you to mention our friendly staff and in regards to the breakfast, the kitchen team has made great efforts to provide you we think with a pretty decent food selection.

Thank you to recommend us and as you stayed with us on holiday season, we have many families with lot of children however most of the year our clientele is rather individual couple travelers.

Hopefully you will visit our lovely island again sometime in the future and we will be delighted to welcome you back.

General manager

Been to Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!