“Excellent Food, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 51 restaurants in Senggigi
Cuisines: Asian, European, Indonesian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Description: Located in Senggigi’s Art Market, de Quake’s open-air restaurant and lounge looks out onto the bay of Senggigi and offers stunning, unmatched sunset views.De Quake features a unique menu of Indonesian and Asian food with fresh fish, seafood, meats and chicken together with fresh produce and local herbs and spices, all at a reasonable price.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Excellent Food, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

It's located in the Art Market in Senggigi. I went there while waiting for the next shuttle to the airport. Their staff were very friendly, they served really good food and drink. It was really hot then so I ordered orange cinnamon something for my drink (without the cinnamon) - it was excellent. I almost couldn't taste the alcohol, which was great. Then I ordered the Thai Red Curry (asked them to make it very spicy) and it was heavenly. I love the food and drink and the place was nice and cosy. I'd love to come back next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scott052, Owner at de Quake, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Mia V,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we're glad that you really enjoyed your meal.

And yes, Quake is a great place to hang out while waiting for your shuttle bus to the airport!

Happy Eating!

84% Recommend
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The staff were very nice and the food was certainly delicious. The decor is nothing special but there is an upstairs with a better view. Make sure you make a reservation because it is always packed!

Visited August 2013
Scott052, Owner at de Quake, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear TwistedOrange2013,

Thank you for your kind review. Coming from a Senior Contributor here on TA, that carries a lot of weight with us.

Hope to see you again on your next trip to Lombok.

Happy Eating...
uk
“dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

after the reviews we read we were dissapointed, we got the steak which to be honest was awful, the ambience was ok the service ok, but the price was high for what it was

Visited August 2013
Scott052, Owner at de Quake, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear UkJaffa,

Sorry that Quake didnt live up to your expectations. We only use imported meat (because of health issues) and our supplier generally gives us good quality cuts. But I will look into this

[Note: for future customers, if there is a problem with your meal, please do speak up. No one remembers this customer nor any complaint about the steak. I also reviewed the comment cards we give to customers and nothing was mentioned. Speak Up! (smile) and will will make you right. In the end, we want all of our customers to have a good meal at Quake.]
Mataram, Indonesia
“An amazing way to have a relaxing evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stop by de Quake after a whole day trip around Lombok with 3 of my friends from Java who were on holiday in Lombok. we decided to end the day with an evening cocktail and cold Bintang.

We sat on the couch ordered cold bintang and their cocktail of the week " El Mojito ", my friend said that it was the best El mojito he ever had (he work as a bar captain at Hug*s / ones of leading chain Bar & Cafe in Java). The atmosphere and theme is very casual yet with very friendly and attentive service.

Tempted by the menu, we end up having our dinner here. We ordered Chicken Basquise, Grilled Chicken Wrap, Rendang and Tuna Steak. All the food was perfectly cook and so tasty

If you happen to be in Lombok or Senggigi and look for a nice place to chill out, an evening cocktail or beach side dinning with reasonable price... Trust me... This is the place... ! We had a very relaxing evening enjoying a fantastic place , amazing setting and cool tunes playing.

Thank you very much de-Quake, " We definitely comeback to Lombok and de-Quake.. ! " My friend Said with big Smile... :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scott052, Owner at de Quake, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear hevirus1983,

Yes, our Mojito's are particularly good...especially at our *Special Cocktail of the Week * price!

See you next trip!
Lombok
“Prawn stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had a amazing dinner under the stars, the service from the moment we stepped In was attentive and friendly. We ordered three mains to try a few dishes as the food was reasonably priced and we were not disappointed, the prawns are the best I've had and the chicken dish from the Asian menu was a aromatic blend of flavours that I will not forget. I will be back again as I am here for another week and honestly can't wait to try more of what's on offer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scott052, Owner at de Quake, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Bell-deacon,

Thank you for such a great review. yes, do come back and try more of our dishes!

Happy Eating!