“Really disappointing experience.” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Really disappointing experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We found this place listed on the American Express shopsmall promotions website, the reviews looked OK, so we booked.
We avoided the Lidl style olives that a previous reviewer had commented about, instead, ending up with a lasagne that looked and tasted like something Tesco would offer as part of their value range.
Main course of duck was terrible, dried up and very overcooked. This one, we sent back, and they replaced it with one that was eatable, but utterly unmemorable.
The Manager was nowhere to be seen until we tried to pay the bill.
I asked him, did you know I had sent the duck back? Yes, he said.
That was all.
And then the fun started....
When I offered my AMEX card for payment, first I was told, sorry, we dont take AMEX.
I walked them to the front door, where the AMEX sign is clearly shown.
I was then told, oh, sorry, I mean, we are having technical problems with AMEX, please use a VISA or Mastercard instead.
I insisted that they 'try' my AMEX card.
I was then told, oh, we dont like AMEX because they charge us much higher commission.
I insisted that they try.
Eventually, after a lot of moaning, they did, and it worked perfectly.
Dishonest.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nice Italian but not fast food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Arrived in Wellington for a weekend break, and had a wander around and found this place (saw it on TripAdviser ). We asked for a table for 6 and they fitted us in at 8.00 pm.
They were very busy with a big corporate booking so service was unhurried, but we were not in a rush.
When the food did arrive it was good. I had a kind of pizza which they said was a STRUFOLI which was delicious.
Worth a return visit.

Visited June 2013
Telford, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We decided late Friday we wanted go out for a meal Saturday night admittedly La Rosa was'nt our 1st choice but we booked a table for 6.30 ,anyway our Daughters car broke down so I rang to ask if we could put it back an hour to 7.30 answer no problem,we promptly arrived at 7.30 wasn't to busy we had a starter and for mains my wife had Lasagne & I had Venison all of our food was excellent along with the service we'll definitely be going back and taking our friends.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rossendale
“A very enjoyable evening with fantastic food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with my wife as part of a mini-break away from our young children.

It was a mid-week visit, so the restaurant was not busy, but the service and quality if food was as good as I have sampled in any Italian restaurant.

I had a garlic bread with cheese and myshrooms to start with and the Mrs had bruschetta.

For mains, I enjoyed carbonara, with a twist - it was offered with beef as an ingredient as opposed to just bacon - I opted for a mixed (beef & bacon) and it was amazing!

For dessert I opted for a tiramisu - it was an Italian after all! It was creamy with a lovely subtle coffee flavour - again, the best I have had!

Another great thing about restaurant was the fact that a bottle of house wine was only about £12, but they had bottle http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-22759753of wine, red, white and rosé on special at £5.95 a bottle - it was effectively half price.

On to of all of this, the service was good - fast and the waiter was polite and friendly.

All-in-all, well worth a visit!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Good Menu and nice venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Called in here on a Saturday night, it was not very busy but just the right amount to give a good atmospere. The menu has something for everyone and the prices are not expensive.Enjoyed my steak and my partner like her pasta. Friendly service and no long wait either.

• Visited May 2013