“Better than it looks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hillview Motel

Hillview Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vanderhoof
Hillview Motel
1533 Highway 16 East, Vanderhoof, British Columbia V0J 3A0, Canada   |
Bragg Creek
“Better than it looks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Give it a chance, but be sure you know how many nights you're staying. I read previous reviews so was very careful when I booked in to state the exact number of rooms. The rooms were generally clean, although the kitchenette plates and glasses coul do with cleaning, as could the windows. Not all rooms have air con. Dogs are welcome in certain rooms.

• Stayed May 2013

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Hillview Motel, Not only was this the lowest price of the three motels in town, it was was clean, quiet and the rooms are very nice for a community that size. It is located on the eastern approach to town and is set back a bit from Highway 16. When I checked in, there was no room for a single available so I was given a double for the same rate.My room was on the second floor and included a small balcony. The room itself was very clean and larger than expected. Inside it had normal ammenities such as microwave, coffee maker, small refridgerator with freezer, air conditioner and 32 inch LCD television.

I origianlly rented a room at GLENN'S MOTOR HOTEL in Vanderhoof. WARNING!!!!! do NOT get a room at Glenn's. My room was on the second floor and when I arrived on that floor, the CRACK COCAINE smoke was so thick in the hall I almost gagged. Needles to say, I demanded a refund and left immediately.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our group stay at hillview motel for 12nights making map for the gas pipeline project.
We wasn't expect small town motel has a large room with the view and full new kitchen also the plenty parking lot.
Seems like full every night But, We have had enought parking lot for our trailor at rear and front.

Our group were stay at hillview motel quite happy with good service,plenty parking and reasobable price with the restaurent beside motel. if you or your company for project in town this is the one we recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
벤쿠버
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed for few nights in Hillview Motel in Vanderhoof.

Their service is good always smile to everybody.

The rooms are fatastic view,quiet and clean as well.

The new two rooms are so beatiful and beds are comfortable as

The funitures and beds are perfect maching, also printing

we are comfortable as like home. I love sunshine weather too

Thank you for Hillview Motel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SHANLY ONT CANADA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

wow where to start. make sure you know exactly how many days you are going to stay. they take your credit card and instead of just taking an imprint and charging you when you leave they charge you for all the days you booked and give you a voucher for free nights stay if you leave early the rooms even though newly renovated its all lw end towels fall apart in your hands they kithenett we were charged for was nothing more than a hot plate and fridge. DO NOT STAY ITS A RIPP OFF

Room Tip: none the rooms all suck
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Prince George, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'm a student and I was stuck in Vanderhoof for a few days. I tried to bargain for a discount, and the owner offered a room in an outhouse building. Although it was significantly cheaper (like around $20 cheaper), I stayed in the main building because I was told that there was no internet and phone in the cheaper rooms.

I didn't get any discounts in the end, but I'm glad that I stayed in the main building. The rooms are surprisingly nice and comfortable. The view from the balcony was great; I could see the whole city. The internet was fast, and the TV was great. The beds were great as well.

One thing to be aware of is that the owner did not speak perfect English. And if you want to get ice, you need to bring your plastic ice cup from your room to the front desk.

Room Tip: The outhouse units have no view of the city. It's very cheap, but I wouldn't vouch for them...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Juneau, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our room was in one of the 'out buildings.' It was TERRIBLE. The internet was weak. There was NO PHONE. It was noisy.The one room had just enough space to get around the bed. One side had no table to put my eye glasses on so had to put them on the floor. The mattresses were on a board base that stuck out so i stubbed my toe. There was only one regular sized cover on the queen size bed....no blankets. There were not enough electric plug ins. The microwave couldn't be plugged in unless you unplug the coffee maker...and that was not easy to do. No place to set luggage except in the one and only chair. We had 2 small dogs. For$ 90.00 Canadian this was totally unsatisfactory! Our next stop in Prince Rupert at the Inn on the Harbor was EXCELLENT compared to this. The photo shown looks nothing like the room we had.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hillview Motel? Share your experiences!