We were on a road trip to New England and I came across this resort in a guide book. I wanted to see the famous Dixville Notch anyway and as we came over the Notch we could see The Balsams set back from the road. What a beautiful sight! We went in the back road and didn't determine until we got closer that it is closed. According to news coverage six months ago, there was a fire in part of the facility. Some of it is being torn down and the whole thing is being down-sized by the owners with the hope of re-opening next year. They are looking for funding for part of it and it wasn't clear how that is working out. It is a very large facility dating back a hundred years and in a remote place as close to Montreal as Burlington VT. Good luck with the financing and renovations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the few New Hampshire grand old resorts still in existence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Balsams Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Balsams Grand Hotel Dixville
- Balsams Grand Hotel
- Balsams Grand Resort Hotel
- Balsams Grand Colebrook