“Overpriced. No customer service to speak of. And no resort manager either.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bambu Villa Resort

You added Bambu Villa Resort to your Saves list
Bambu Villa Resort
7310 Brgy. Bagalangit, Mabini, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Mabini B&B and Inns
Taguig City, Philippines
“Overpriced. No customer service to speak of. And no resort manager either.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

went to this resort for an overnight weekend of diving with friends this november 2012. from arrival until the check out, everything about the resort was disappointing and very frustrating. We reached there saturday morning from manila and not one of the staff bothered to help with the bags and dive gear. had to be the one to tell the guard to have the boys assist us. the room given to me didn't have toiletries like soap nor shampoo, no toilet paper and towels. it was obviously an unchecked room. when i told the front desk person about it, he didn't even make an effort to make things right or what. the worst is he entered my room to fix the toilet that had no water to flush and saw i had nothing but still didn't do anything. i had one hangar in the closet. The door knob of the room was also sooo old that inserting the key was an effort. on sunday, while showering for home, the water pressure slowly disappeared til finally it stopped. i tried using the bottom of the shower and that too eventually ran dry. i complained with front desk and all a girl said was that the showers were being repaired. they boast of luxury accommodations and a 24 hour front desk. a lie. i went to the desk at 1030 to ask for plastic bag and NO ONE was even there to attend to guests. i asked the local staff if they had a gm and was not surprised to hear from them "no gm sir". by far the worst resort in anilao i've stayed in! if the food was not as good as it was, i would have left not paying the bill, as they charge the rates like a city hotel and i think to myself, why?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This resort was actually more than what I expected. Brought 6 of my family and 2 drivers there, and the staff was more than very accomodating with what I wanted. The lobby has a great view of both the pool, and the ocean. The room we stayed in was very clean and very spacious. We stayed in the bunk bedroom so that I didn't have to book 2 rooms and be away from my family. The bunk bedroom was so spacious, and the bathroom was enormous that you can fit 10 people in there. You could've also fit 20 people in the bedroom and party all night long. There were 3 bunkbeds, and were very comfortable that I even slept on the top bunk.

Diving...we had an amazing divemaster, Erik Montes. On the first day prior to first afternoon dive, he asked me and my husband if we were only diving that day. I told him, that if the dive is great, then we will add more dives. Five minutes into the first dive, I had decided right away we were going to add more dives. We added 3 more dives the next day. Anilao must be Philippines diving's best kept secret. You can't really appreciate what's underwater if you go there and don't dive. Diving those reefs for 2 days were not enough. There was so much to see, I don't even know where to start to explain the beauty of those reefs. I guess you, guys, would just have to go and see for yourself.

Overall, We had a great time! Definitely will go back to Bambu Villa....definitely dive Anilao with Erik Montes again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Company outing was recently held in this Batangas resort.

Pros
1. Excellent food choices
2. Very attentive and approachable staff
3. Clean rooms
4. Nice infinity pool (especially for those not diving nor swimming at the beach)
5. Big open space for some outdoor games like badminton and the like
6. Has big parking area

Con
1. Wifi was not working when we were there

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I was invited to my fiance's office party which was held in this resort last 17-18 December.

The pool and the landscape were great. Sleep quality, too. But just a few comments:
- the first meal served to us included two chicken viands - chicken lollipop and chicken adobo. Other items were squash and coconut milk stew AND pasta, which for me are two of the most unlikely food to be combined in a menu.
- I don't know if it's just me, but I thought that there were too many boats in the seaside fronting the resort that the beach did not look inviting/appealing to me.
- traffic in Batangas is getting worse! But maybe it's just for the holidays. Then again, traffic whenever going to a vacation seems torture for me.
- wifi was not available in the main building where the rooms are and in the function hall, but in the clubhouse(?) which was very far from both (near the beach).

However, I loved that there were plenty of waiters that are very attentive and courteous to us.

Room Tip: Room D or E has a good view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

When with my daughter and friends to dive had a great time diving. Food is ok but rooms and service need a lot of work. Pillows are like sheets of papers, had to ask for shampoo and soap. Hotel staff need to do much better.

DIve shop staff was Great. Would love to see them get O2 on site as well as nitrox.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

We never thought a quaint, clean, serene place like Bambu Villa existed. The service was spotless, the staff were extra accommodating. Our room was clean and spacious. Bambu Villa isn't that far after all, since we now go through Star Toll. What I enjoyed was was the sunset view from our room. And to top all the wonderful things this hotel offers, we were allowed to have our dog come with us.
Finally, we have found our own private escape...:D

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea. Perfect!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

Felt like you were staying as a personal guest of a family rather than a hotel. The hotel itself is very unassuming but has a nice atmosphere/style if rather spartan, the pool is a highlight as is the fantastic dive school. Food is very much the home cooked style and all the nicer for that. Beds/duvets were a little hard and not generous but after all the diving, sunshine and local rum it certainly didn't stop a good nights sleep! Very much recommended and great value for money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Bambu Villa Resort? Share your experiences!