“IT IS WHAT IT IS,,,,,EXPECT TO GET NICKLE AND DIME TO DEATH.” 2 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Special Offer
$118*
and up
Manila Super Saver: Manila Sightseeing plus...
Type: Volcanos, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Taal Volcano is located about 60 km (about 37 miles) south of Metro Manila. Last major eruption was reported back in 1965 that affected villages in the surrounding area.
boston,mass
“IT IS WHAT IT IS,,,,,EXPECT TO GET NICKLE AND DIME TO DEATH.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

ok Ill admit is was nice to ride the the donkey going up on to the Volcano. But thats about it. Before I start on all the bad,,,,There is a nice resturant call Leslys up top, in tagaytay before you go down to the boat/village area.....It has a very nice view of the area, Breath takeing, very good food a little pricey but worth it. Let my start of my first saying if you want to go,,USE A LISENSE TOUR GUIDE FROM MANILIA,,,,We did not and Paid the price. after we ate, we saw sighns volcano 3300 passoes 3000 boat 300 for trike. DONT DO IT. Im 41 and in good shape, is about a half hour ride on a side cart and is awful, on the way back up i was almost in tears it was so un comfortable and painful to your back. ok so we pay 3300 for boat to get there as soon we got off we were told andother 2500, for donkey ride. when we got on donkeys we got mobed with people selling us stuff i kind of expected that. then when we got up to near the top we were ask to buy our donkey guides and boat guy soda, (why boat guy came i never knew) got up to top. YES NICE VIEW, basically a view of a lake, on top of a hill.,One thing was cool is someone was selling golf balls so you could hit a golf ball into the lake, again asking was to much, but i got down from 50 to 40. one the way back pay another 1500 in tips or fess, my fillpina friend did the paying, so IN TOTAL WHEN ALL WAS DONE I PAYED ABOUT ABOUT 8000 PASOES FOR 2 PEOPLE. I BELIVE TOOK ADVANTAGE CAUSE I WAS FORIENER. IF YOU GO GO WITH A TRAVEL GUIDE. I think there is better things to see manillia.

Visited November 2012

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
NYC
75 attraction reviews
“Magnificent, picturesque view of a volcano in a lake, just an hour and a half from Manilla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Tagaytay is a city about 1.5 houra south of ManilaAn most accessible via car. The ride to the city is interesting with fish ponds and pineapple plantations lining the highway.

The main attraction is the Taal volcano, an active volcano within a large lake. The view is best enjoyed from one of the many restaurants or hotels on the mountain top. This is a fabulous venue for weddings. We saw 2 brides today Taal Vista lodge Below are small viLlages and fish ponds within reach of the volcano, when it awakens and sits ash.

Eat at one of the restaurants overlooking the lake. This is a great day trip from Manila where you not only enjoy the fabulous view but the lovely moderate temperature, a relief from the heat of Manila.

Dallas, Texas
61 attraction reviews
“Famous attraction and definitely worth visiting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Fascinating natural feature which does live up to its hype, so a visit is worthwhile. Involves a short boat trip(15 minutes?) across Taal Lake to the island volcano, then a hike (or donkey ride) to the rim of the crater (60 minutes?) to view the small lake within the crater. We walked (although most people ride). Its a little dusty (from the donkeys) and hot, but OK. (We are an American couple in our late 60s--but we try to stay fit.) Upon returning to the mainland, we were driven up the steep zig-zig road to Tagaytay, the resort town on the edge of the ridge overlooking Taal Lake and its volcanic islands, where we had a late lunch. This was also very worthwhile. We do all our own trip planning, but had a hard time deciding how to organize this visit. Eventually decided on a day trip from Manila with private car and driver. We reserved on the Internet with manilastay.com and they did a good job. Arrived on time, good vehicle, safe and amiable driver with good English, flexible regarding where we went, reasonable price.

Visited October 2012
“Great natural site and worthwile the trip from Manila”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great place to go and the volcano is a great day trip. nice restaurants nearby and had a good time. Sailing is a good pasttime in the sailing club at Taal lake at the hoby cat sailing club. Go !

Visited May 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 attraction reviews
“Breath Taking...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Visiting Taal Volcano is almost a full day adventure. It was well worth it. We arrived at one of the points that offers transportation to the volcano. This place had a restaraunt, store, pump boats and stored our personal items. We negotiated a price for the pump boat transportation and made arrangements to have lunch waiting for us on our return. When we arrived at the island there were many people trying to sell things. This was overwhelming for me as I was trying to negotiate the price for the horses. I recommend that you rent the horses unless you are in great shape and don't mind a long hike up. I can't recall the price for the horses but do remember it was greatly inflated from internet prices I researched. I offered to pay them the internet prices I had read about and they took it. If you like to golf, you will have an opportunity to slam a ball into the crater. It was well worth it and I definitely would do it again.

Visited August 2012