“Great people, nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Punto Miguel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Batangas Province
Punto Miguel
You added Punto Miguel to your Saves list
San Jose, Luzon, Philippines   |
Cavite City, Philippines
“Great people, nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Punto Miguel White Sands in Laiya is only one of the MANY beach resorts housed on the beach front of the Laiya Beach. I found the resort online, and though it took a few tries to contact them, once you talked to them, they will accommodate you every step of the way.

The place it self is not that grand. Don't expect a five-star-looking hotel. But it is beautiful. When you get inside, the first thing you'll see is this walk-way lined with the trees and their villas and leading to the beach front. I must admit it made me want to chuck my bags and run all the way to the beach. Their walk-way is painted with a marine theme that you'll appreciate. Sea-shell lamps also attract attention.

The room we were in was Villa 5 and it had 4 double deck beds. I would say that space is a bit crammed because of the big beds, but my friends and I didn't come to stay inside, and their beds served their purpose well in terms of letting us sleep well.

There's a big table exclusively for our use on the veranda, as well as other tables outside the villa that people can use freely. There's a common kitchen and you can request utensils and your own grill if you want. A corkage fee of 100 per head should be paid if you're not going to avail their food meals (which is a 1000 bucks or so and consists of breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks).

There's a karaoke machine that you can rent for 1500 the whole of your stay overnight, a jetski (4500!), and banana boats (we got it for 1200 for an hour plus a tour of the coral reefs).

The only bad thing was the bathroom in our villa. It could really use some work.

Other than that, it was a pretty relaxing and fun experience. The people working there are very helpful which is always a plus on my book.

Room Tip: The big villas (5-6) are really great for outings with a great number of people.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
cavite
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Paraiso de Miguel was a very nice, even better than the pictures. I liked it coz of the privacy and the view. Amenities were ok, I think they're undergoing renovations now since this resort is seldom used by guests, more of a private resort by the owner.. Honestly, I like it better even though the beach was not sandy, it was peaceful and the water is clearer here that the other resorts near the river. Recommended for couples who want to spend quality time without sharing the place with other guests.. They even set up a candle-lit dinner for my hubby and I. Thanks Punto miguel, will definitely go back!

Room Tip: I recommend Beachfront cottage 2 for Couples. Glass walls with very sheer curtains that add natural...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Whippany, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Pictures looked great but the amenities are terrible. You would see spider webs inside the rooms. Restrooms are also not good. People there are nice though but the entire place is very bad and the price seemed to be positioned among the good resorts in that area. By the way, the road leading to this resort is bad. Multiple humps are on the road but are not seen easily. The resort is all the way to the end of the zigzaggy, unflat road surface. We would never go back to this resort.

Room Tip: don't waste your money here. if your budget is limited, consider other options.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

If you ever chance upon the website of Punto Miguel white Sands in Mabini, Batangas (Anilao), don't even consider it. It is priced like a resort in Laiya but the facilities are old and not even maintained. The aircondition when turned on spewed black dust and was so noisy throughout the night. The beddings were old and the mattress was so bumpy. I got bitten by bedbugs. The beach front is tiny and full of rocks. We paid for a package complete with all our meals. They served us the same food each day. On the second night, the power went out. When we asked why there was no generator, the workers kept telling us that they were working on it. Finally, someone admitted that the owner had removed the generator and installed it in another resort. We immediately left the next day even though we we had made reservations for 4 nights. I felt sorry for the staff because they were trying their best.
We were really shocked with the bathroom. The telephone shower was installed right above the water closet/toilet, and some of the faucets didn't work.
Never go to this resort. It may look great in the photos, but for the price they are asking, you are definitely being robbed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Punto Miguel? Share your experiences!