“Value for money hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Chandigarh Zirakpur

You added Aloft Chandigarh Zirakpur to your Saves list
Aloft Chandigarh Zirakpur
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ambala Chandigarh National Highway 21, Zirakpur, Chandigarh 140603, India   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Zirakpur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Faridabad, India
“Value for money hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is good , neat & clean hotel with all facilities available including wifi. Food quality is also good. Only drawback is its far away from Chandigarh main city. The front office and other hotel staff were co-operative.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Alofthotels, General Manager at Aloft Chandigarh Zirakpur, responded to this review, February 1, 2014

Greetings from Aloft Chandigarh Zirakpur !!!

Thank you for staying with us and taking out time to review our property on Trip Advisor. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Your encouraging comments about our rooms and other service areas have been received well by the team here and have been accepted with gratitude.

We thank you once again for your generous comments and hope to welcome you back soon.

Partha Pratim Nag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Chennai, India.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Aloft interestingly has a personality that's noticeable above that of being a good hotel in that segment in which it competes. D pool table, chess board in d lobby lend character. The names are all in tune with times of the dot com era.the rooms have a minimalistic elegance. The staff work with a cheerful and friendly efficiency.

• Stayed December 2013
Alofthotels, General Manager at Aloft Chandigarh Zirakpur, responded to this review, January 18, 2014

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed with my family December 2013 last wk and rang in the New year here. To put it mildly, this property is on the Ambala - chandigarh highway and ideally suited for business or transit travellers passing thru but not really for families because its quite some distance from the city attractions ( 40 mts by cab and ~ 300 INR drop service).
Rooms are decent and beds comfortable , breakfast options are good and the kitchen does not mind preparing stuff outside the buffet for you so they try to make you comfortable which is important I think.
What does not work is that the staff seems to be mostly trainees and professionalism was missing. The billing process was quite atrocious and I had to intervene many times before I finally got the corrected bill.
Not what you expect from a Starwood hotel right !!
My sincere advise to this hotel management is to focus on the staff competence and organise trainings for them because this is the missing link. They cant do much about the location !!
Would I stay there again ?? ... well probably not as there are better options available within the city.

Room Tip: The hotel is bang on the highway and is designed like a triangle. If you stay in the front rooms you...

Greetings from Aloft Chandigarh Zirakpur !!!

We also express our concern and apology over the matter highlighted in your review. We have noted your comments and we will take necessary steps to resolve the issues at the earliest, as applicable. We take guest feedback very seriously and thank you for sparing time to review our property.

Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

It was surprising to me that this property made it into the chain it belongs internationally. The spa was closed when we visited. The music in the restaurant/club was blaring at 10 am in the morning and no one was inside. We had booked 3 rooms for 2 nights, sheets were clean, however rooms had mosquitoes even during December. Breakfast was poor for this star hotel. We had asked for the hotel vehicle to drop us off at a location 10 km away. The staff quoted me the price (Rs. 700 which I thought was steep) however I paid and he gave me the receipt. In the next 5 minutes when the driver of the vehicle is called they have a discussion and the staff tell me that since is 11 km the price will be Rs. 1400. I told him that we had agreed on the price and he also gave me a receipt. I guess that meant nothing. Poor location, unable to find a taxi or other methods of transport, plan ahead and get a radio cab.
Moreover being an SPG member they were unable to add these stays to my SPG card for unknown reason.
Botoom line: Its a property that is riding on the chain name, forget it and go elsewhere in central Chandigarh.

Room Tip: Construction on both sides of the hotel.

Greetings from Aloft Chandigarh Zirakpur !!!

We thank you for choosing Aloft Chandigarh and for sharing your views about your experience on Trip Advisor.

We express our concern and apology over the matter highlighted in your review. We have noted your comments and we will take necessary steps to resolve the issues at the earliest, as applicable. We take guest feedback very seriously and thank you for sparing time to review our property.

We certainly value the patronage of all our guests and trust that you will treat this as an isolated incident and will allow us another opportunity to serve you better.

New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

On a journey from Delhi to Manali I decided to take a planned break of journey at this Hotel. I chose to stay here mainly because of two reasons. To start with I was booking into ALOFT a Starwood brand. Secondly it is situated bang ON the highway that takes me to Manali hence was convenient.

We got late on the way but I was drawing solace from the fact that a nice comfortable luxurious room awaited me when I reached Zirakpur. I had no clue that it was a nightmare that actually awaited me.

I will come straight to the point as to why I make the above statement.

1. For a hotel situated on a highway they are extremely poorly equipped – The main reason for this is that they do NOT have basic amenities that even a Rs. 500/= Lodge will be able to provide. I asked them for a blanket for my car driver as they DO NOT have a driver dormitory (surprising for a hotel on the highway). In response they told me they were not “permitted” to provide. It is amazing that a hotel of this standard CANNOT keep and is NOT PERMITTED to provide a blanket or two to drivers who are forced to sleep in the car itself under near ZERO degree C temperature. Are we so inhumane or simply choose to ignore that the working class even exists? Does it really suit a hotel of this standard? As I had checked in only at 1 AM (and occupying three rooms) I really had no option but to stay here only else I would certainly have changed the Hotel. Eventually after much argument and calling seniors I could manage to get the driver a blanket at 3 AM. Would you believe it that arranging one blanket took me 2 hours at an unearthly hour? And they call themselves a Starwood hotel.

2. The hotel management also appears to be very poorly trained and inexperienced. They
just do not have any answers and do not seem to have handled any guests earlier. I think all of them are trainees with no one with a proper hospitality background.

3. Eventually at 3 AM I managed to hit my bed since we had to start early morning at around 7 AM I was hoping that I will catch at least a 4 hours sleep but it was not to be. Very surprisingly the sound proofing of the rooms (all three) was extremely poor. It is on the highway they should have taken extra care on this matter but once again they do not seem to have bothered. I could hear the “tyre roars” of all passing trucks without exception. Whether they were at a slow speed or high were not relevant. And I am not even talking about the blaring horns that these trucks use. It is the tyre noise that was getting through loud and clear. This is really shocking does no one in the Starwood check these places properly before according accreditation?

4. The misery did not stop there as at the checkout time they refused to accept the AMEX card using which I had made the booking. Eventually I was rather relieved when I made it out of the hotel.

To conclude I would again ask can any building with rooms simply get this affiliation with Starwood? I really think that the Starwood team needs to look at this else they will completely destroy their brand name in this country with poor quality places like this one. As simply put I would never have booked here if it was not called “ALOFT”.

Room Tip: If you really MUST stay here. Get a room as far away from the road as possible.

Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in Chandigarh during our visit to the city in Nov 2013 This is a business hotel as the name of aloft . Quite practical for executives on work visits. It was a fairly new hotel then. Staff was helpful and polite. We found the food in the restaurant its very nice.
Chef Bali is great .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Still cherish everything from my arrival to departure from Aloft. Everything ws just awesome. Must mention the front desk staff and Chef Bali if I have not forgotten it. He makes sure that the kitchen team and food taste works in automation.it was good to find him always on the toes to help us in any way. Weather it wad regdn kitchen or anything else. Had bengali food festival there. Trust me never had thst authentic bong food in jorth india. Kudis team Aloft

Room Tip: Sray or not. Try their food. Its awesome seriously
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Partha Pratim Nag

Been to Aloft Chandigarh Zirakpur? Share your experiences!