“My Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cama

You added Hotel Cama to your Saves list
Hotel Cama
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Scf 13-14-15 | Sector 53 (Phase 3A), Mohali 160055, India   |
Special Rate
Best Offer INR 3774/-
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mohali
any
“My Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

What a great hotel, I felt completely safe here and would have no reservations staying again if I was in that region of India. The staff are very friendly and the Punchin restaurant has amazing food, I ate there most nights during my stay. I have nothing negative to say about the Hotel Cama.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Inderdeep_Singh, Owner at Hotel Cama, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for taking time out to write the review.
I am very happy that you had a comfortable stay with us.It was a great pleasure to serve you and we look forward to serve you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at hotel Cama for four nights in March while doing business in Mohali.

The staff at this hotel is extremely helpful and friendly and they responded to all our requests immediately. On our first night in Chandigarh, they even sent a car to come find us and escort us to the hotel (free of charge) after our driver got lost trying to find the hotel. What other hotel would do that?!
For our short stay, the location of the hotel was ideally located for business and it was interesting to explore the neighborhoods surrounding the hotel. However, for longer stays I’d prefer to be closer to more downtown areas or the rose garden, as there is not much to do in that area on foot.
The hotel itself was very clean and new and the food was delicious! Unfortunately, our room on the second floor next to the elevator was a bit noisy. In the mornings we could hear phones ringing and chairs being pushed around – maybe from the restaurant.
Overall a very clean, nice, professional and affordable hotel that I’d highly recommend to anyone staying in Mohali.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Inderdeep_Singh, Owner at Hotel Cama, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking time out to write the review.
I am very pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us.It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to serve you again in the future.

Kind regards,
Mohali, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I use this hotel for my guests stay,conferences,dining and entertaining friends and family.

It is easily the best hotel in Mohali in its class and one of the best in tricity.

The service is good and efficient, the staff is very wel trained.
The rooms are very clean, the toilets are clean and the room service is prompt.
The restaurants serve continental,punjabi and Chinese cuisine and the food is delicious and finger licking.

I would recommend Hotel Cama to anyone visiting the tricity.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable to stay and the verandah rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

On reception is a framed tripadvisor page celebrating "Best Business Hotel". Being so far from town, our first question was how to get there. We were told to hang round the nearby petrol station for an auto which would cost 20 rupees. Really? This is what you tell your business travellers? We later found out from the staff in the restaurant that he journey was 100 rupees, but no mention was made of any other way into town. Once in town we found a number for Megacabs. Pre bookable, airconditioned comfortable taxis that aren't that much more than Autos. Why on earth the hotel tells it's guests to hang around a petrol station in the dark is beyond me. Some of the reception staff were exhausted and inexperienced. Not their fault, but it needs sorting out.

The rooms are good as the hotel is new. cleanliness could have been better but was ok. The bed was comfortable but was ruined by the jet engine powered airconditioning. Even on the lowest setting sleep was impossible. Earplugs did the trick, but I type this revue from a different hotel and there is an extremely quiet hum coming from the aircon here.

The restaurant is the business. The food is great, and the staff are lovely. This really was the saving grace. The chef clearly knows what he's doing. You can order anything with confidence here, and have fun with the lovely waiters.

Room Tip: Generator was on the roof at the back so I'm guessing you should avoid top floor rear.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The best hotel in Mohali,no arguments about that.Service wise the best in Tricity. You can get food anywhere,but service is what you dine out for,try out their Chinese food and also the coffee shops club sandwich, its open 24 hours.Your glass is never empty(for water) and that is a hallmark of good hospitality,the rooms were spic and span,a must visit before you check in one of the shacks in Chandigarh..

Room Tip: the room should have 2 large beds 1 for my children and 1 for my wife and me,Higher floors, 2 bathro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at The Hotel Cama in March for 2 nights whilst I was travelling through India.

The location is excellent, only a few minutes drive away from all the sites and sounds of Chandigarh and Mohali.

Having travelled through india for a couple of weeks I was looking forward to some luxury and that's exactly what I got. The room was spacious, clean and well presented and had everything you'd expect from a modern hotel. There's WIFI throughout and the speeds were good.

The hotel staff were very polite and friendly. They knew the area well and made some good recommendations on where to go and what to see.

What really sets this hotel apart is the restaurant, Punchin. I have to say I wasn't expecting what I saw when I walked in. The restaurant is beautifully designed and the food was even better. The menu is varied with a combination of Punjabi and Chinese inspired dishes, which, as the waiter told me, is where the name Punchin comes from. I ate at the restaurant both nights I was there and I only wish I could have tried more of the menu. (I would highly recommend the Gulab Jaman with Ice Cream for desert.)

Overall I was very impressed with the Hotel and it exceeded my expectations. It's a great location and the food was excellent. The room was smart and comfortable and most importantly of all I got a good nights sleep. Even if you don't stay at the hotel I would highly recommend a visit to the restaurant. If I'm ever in this area of India again, this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Jalandhar, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel in march and currently staying here for last ten days. It is close to the places I need to visit in mohali and Chandigarh.

The room I am staying in is a verandah room with a large verandah and the room is maintained clean,bottled water is supplied daily,the linen is clean,the amenities are very good.

The room service is very good,prompt and efficient. The staff is well trained and have excellent manners. The food in the restaurants Pun Chin and Conversations is excellent and the menu is Indian,Chinese and continental. The food here is to savor and very delicious.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting mohali and Chandigarh.

Room Tip: The verandah rooms are very comfortable to stay with family and is excellent to entertain friends in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Cama? Share your experiences!