Stayed here week of June 28 to July 5.
Seems like a nice hotel, not too big and not too small. There is an adult only section.
While reading the other reviews, I actually went around looking for rats/mice and could not find a single one.
Check in was completely painless. Other than Air Canada screwing up. The customer service rep tried to resolve the issue for me, but wasn't able to because it was out of their hands.
I personally didn't have any troubles with this resort what so ever, but as I was sitting in the lobby, I witnessed someone else having something problems, and when confronting the service desk, the customer service representative didn't know what to do. After trying to resolve the issue, the guest had to ask what they're going to do to compensate him for this troubles. She shrugged, and the guest walked away.
I don't know what the issue or and result was, but it doesn't seem like the customer service was trained to take initiative to resolve issues
At times, it seems like they do bare minimum when cleaning. I guess it depends on who's cleaning your room that day. Also, there's no schedule for cleaning. Sometimes at 5, when I walk back to my room, I see that the maid's in the room cleaning still.
They will always change your towels regardless if you put the towels in to "to be changed" pile
There's a price beside all the foods there, it was confusing at first, but if you're all inclusive, just ignore the prices. You have to pay for all bottled drinks, INCLUDING WATER. This kinda annoyed me, even though the water is drinkable, I much prefer the bottled water.
There's a schedule at the front lobby that tells you if there's an a la cart or buffet. It's kinda annoying that you have to basically book dinner every day, but you get used to it.
There's one big buffet near the front lobby that serves all 3 meals. A restaurant right by the lake that seems like they only serve dinner, great view.
A grill on the beach that opens 11am - 11pm that serves awesome burgers
One more restaurant on the Atlantic side of the lake that serves burgers, Mac and cheese (kinda tasteless) and other daily specials.
One restaurant that you have to pay for regardless if you're in a timeshare or all inclusive guest. Picollo is the name of it, and it's $35 each. I chose not to go, but was told it's worth going since it's all seafood and there's lobster.
Beach Volley ball, of course there's free non motorized water sports and tennis. If there were any more, it wasn't well advertised
I counted 4 pools, I could be wrong. They were all small, but I don't care for the pools, it's all about the beach!
There are 2 beaches on this resort.
First faces the Atlantic, which is windy and wavy waters. I stayed here for the most part because it was 40 degrees Celsius when I was there.
Second one is in the bay, and the buildings that are between it an the Atlantic side are blocking the wind, so there's almost no wind there. It was extremely hot here, but that's where all the activities were. I only went here a few times, although I do regret that. On this side, there are floating devices in the middle where I laid on for quite sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. See your favorite travel agent or contact Elite Island Resorts to book your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your St. James's Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club Antigua/Mamora Bay