Just spent 7 great days at the St James Club in Antigua.
Was upgraded to the Royal Suites. What a beautiful spacious room and good service. The Staff are so friendly, they say hello everyday to you.
Piccalo Monda is the best. An extra $35 to go, but you can order all you want off the menu as many times as you want. Docksiders had some issues, the ran out of food early one day and their Italian Theme was horrible. It is a hit and miss. Rainbow Room was pretty good but they also have some food issues and the service is REALY SLOW.
Mamora Bay is the best. Drink buggy comes around, calm water and white sand. Atlantic Side was great but was always windy.
Dive Shop, Mamora Bay Divers, Christine was excellent. So helpful and patient. We went to the Pillars of Hercules and Nanton Point. Corals were so colourful and an abundance of fish galore.
Safari & Catamaran Tour: Half the island by Safari, other half by sea. Safari was great, through the rainforest and to the highest point where you could see everywhere, even our resort. Caught the catamaran in St. Johns and snorkelled on the Caribbean side. The coral there was dead not much to sea at all. Lunch on the boat and drinks. was great.
English Harbour for the day: $12.00 pp for a taxi from the resort and you have the taxi driver for the whole day. A must see. Ask the taxi driver to take you over to Roxies Bar, excellent food and company.
Nightlife: basically non existant except for Jacaranda's Bar, but it lacks ambience. needs a bit of help, may promote it more or something.
The trip was great, would go back in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. See your favorite travel agent or contact Elite Island Resorts to book your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your St. James's Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club Antigua/Mamora Bay