“Excellent Birthday Vacation; Agree small touches would make it perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. James's Club

Announcement
EXCELLENCE AWARD WINNER +
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mamora Bay
Mississauga
“Excellent Birthday Vacation; Agree small touches would make it perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the St. James club for my honey’s 60th birthday. The facilities and accommodations at St James are excellent. Lots of wonderful beachfront to frolic along. A windy, cooler Atlantic beach and a warm, calm bay side for children and leisurely play. Visibility is very poor and there is a lot of grass so snorkeling is poor. Nicely air conditioned lounge with movie theatre if you couldn’t stand the heat. The buffets were small, but had enough variety to satisfy us both. The resort felt huge, but was efficiently laid out. Tiny gift shop on site, so be sure to bring your toiletries from home. They do sell food at their gift shop, but it’s all inclusive so unless you’re SUPER picky, no need to pack food. We stayed in a Royal Suite and loved the fact there were private pool areas for adults and Royal Suite guests. It was low season so it wasn’t overly crowded, which was nice also. The food off the a-la-carte menus was hit and miss as was the wait staff. When I asked what was in a certain drink, the server just looked at me blankly and said “rum and I don’t know”. LOL. Didn’t even offer to find out either. (This happened a couple of times!). No problem. If you don’t like the drink, just ask for something else. That’s the beauty of an AI resort. Then there were staff who were so cheerful and pleasant. Our beach golf cart server (yes, they bring a drink to you!), Hyacinth at the Rainbow, the front desk staff, and many more. Coco’s Restaurant was perfect for lunch. Their Greek salad was delicious and they made a mean Marguerita!! Unfortunately our last dinner at the Docksider a-la-carte was only good for a laugh. The servers got our entire order wrong, and forgot our friend’s order altogether, then no one came back to take my dessert order. Oh well, guess I didn’t need dessert after all.

Pros: towels are abundant and easy to get; beach and pool chairs are abundant and easy to get; small, private pools scattered around the resort; menus for each restaurant are posted the day of and day before so you can choose wisely; a-la-cartes are easy to book; Royal Suites were a treat with a beautiful sitting area, but I don’t think you could go wrong with any of their rooms. The gym was small, but had quite a few treadmills and was always full the mornings I was there (gym = more beer!). The Rainbow breakfast buffet had an excellent omelette station with minimal to no wait time. Something for everyone at this resort, even afternoon tea service!

Cons: service at the Docksider left much to be desired, but it’s a beautiful location; downtown St John is tiny and there isn’t much to see unless you like duty free shopping at the cruise ship quay. The $10 dollar store was a disappointment!

Recommendation: since there isn’t a lot to do on the island, the catamaran circumnavigation day trip is nice to break up your lazy week. One caveat, we’ve seen way better snorkeling elsewhere so don’t go for that. Just go knowing you get great views of Antigua’s four coasts and get to see some pretty harbours up close and personal. Take a LOT of sunscreen though and drink a lot of water. Meet new people and have fun. If you’re prone to sea sickness, take some medication or wear motion bracelets. We had a few folks who couldn’t hold it in during our journey. Not pretty!

As mentioned, we had a wonderful time at St. James. Water sports were abundant and as mentioned, most staff were friendly. Do take bug repellent if you’re attractive to mosquitos. They are small, fast and painful! This is a great little island for R&R which we were in desparate need of. Will we return to Antigua? Probably not, but just because we like exploring new locations. Should you go? Yes, if you get a good deal.

Room Tip: Royal Suites have a sitting area and King sized bed. We were in Royal Suite 216 directly across fro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Greek first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Great beaches, and location. Let down by some very tired rooms that are very overdue an upgrade. Pool is good, staff okay.
Overall, make sure you get an updated room if you stay. The block to the left of reception is the old one that needs some love.

• Stayed July 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed for a week here. This place is amazing, staff are polite,helpful service is superb. The beaches are amazing so peaceful and relaxing. You also get to use the non motorised water sports for free just have to put your name down in the morning at the water sports hut.

We stayed in a royal suite room all I can say is wow the room is of great size the bed you could fit about 5 people in so big and soft had a nice balcony overlooking the calm seas.

Overall this is an amazing place to go for a nice relaxing holiday where you get good service, polite people, great food and a nice comfortable bed :)

Room Tip: Book royal suite you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband, 2 year old daughter and I had a fabulous fortnight at St James's in June this year. The resort really is something special. Like many other reviewers on Trip Advisor we are fortunate enough to have stayed all over the world in many different types of hotels and resorts, some of which have been incredibly luxurious but also incredibly expensive. With this experience under our belts we are of the opinion that St James’s offers a relaxed feel of chilled casual Caribbean chic, and is also really great value. Here’s a quick breakdown of our thoughts on St James’s Club:

LOCATION: Excellent location. Being positioned on a peninsula and covering a site of approx 100 acres (I think) means St James’s is a proper hideaway where both the beaches (on the Atlantic side (Coco’s) and the bay side (Mamora)) are completely private. They do not adjoin those of another hotel or private or public beach. Everyone on those beaches is staying at St James’s!

SECURITY: It is a large secure estate with security guards manning the entrance/exit barriers and security on site. Being on a secluded 100acre resort that is positioned on a peninsula means that everyone you see is staying, or working at St James’s which also means that frankly you can wander into the sea in confidence when leaving your belongings eg ipods etc back on your sunlounger. This may sound a daft point, but it is important to us.

BEACH: The sand is soft and white and feels lovely underfoot. The team do a great job grooming the beach each day for the guests to come and enjoy. The bay has not been dug out with sand shipped in to fill it as happens at some resorts, but this is not a bad thing. If you look you will find fish on both sides (Mamora and Coco) with most on the Atlantic side (Coco’s) which makes it better/more interesting for snorkelling. In Mamora Bay there is a specifically marked out swimming area with 3 huge circular floats for people to swim out to and sunbathe or just chill in, but you can swim everywhere. The only point being that obviously if you are not within the marked swimming area then the water is shared with those using the bay for watersports etc. Mamora Bay is very calm which is ideal for swimming, especially with children, however there is usually enough wind further out to allow the hobicats (little catamarans) to catch the wind and pick up some speed. (And trust me the hobicats are brilliant fun!) Also no description of the Beaches at St James’s could be complete without a special mention for the awesome Alfred who bombs up and down the beach with a massive grin and a naughty giggle in his drinks buggy administering much needed rum punches etc etc etc to the hardworking holiday makers.

WATERSPORTS/SPORTS: all watersports on offer (hobicat sailing, kayaking (single and doubles), pedal boats, windsurfing) is included in the all inclusive package. They have masses of lifejackets in loads of sizes. Having taken part in all of the various watersports on offer I can happily recommend everything. It’s all good equipment that is maintained to a good standard and there is free coaching if you need it. There are also loads of tennis courts (6 I think) for those who want to make use of them – we didn’t but I (even as someone who is not that into tennis) was tempted. They light some of the courts up for night use too and there was an onsite tennis coach, though I you pay for classes with him. There is also a gym which I walked past on a number of occasions and stuck my head in to have a nose too – it looked great and was very well air conditioned with a decent range of good quality equipment. I did not use the gym however as I was focused on building sand castles with my little girl and sourcing the occasional banana daiquiri (just to cool down of course…)

ENTERTAINMENT: There were steel bands playing on several evenings which gives a great holiday vibe. (And they were good steel bands too – there are some dodgy ones about, but these were good.) There are aqua aerobics classes which looked great (I was half observing from my poolside sunlounger with a rum punch in hand rather than actually participating…). A local artist comes in every week and leaves some of her work for guests to view and buy if they so wish. There are a lot of trip and activities that can be organised through the guest services desk – trips to go swimming with stingrays, or helicopter over to Montserrat, or sail around the island, go off on the zip wires at the Rainforest… there are loads of trips etc. Though of course these are all extra cost items and are obviously (!) not included in the all inclusive deal.

RESTAURANTS: There are four restaurants on site: Rainbow Garden (breakfast, lunch and dinner), Coco’s (open from 11am to 11pm as I recall), Docksiders (dinner), Piccolo Mondo (dinner). BREAKFAST: the breakfast buffet is awesome. The egg station has chefs cooking eggs to order (fried, scrambled, omelettes, egg white only omelettes etc) and waffles too. There is a menu too at breakfast offering dishes such as eggs benedict, but we loved the buffet so we always went down the buffet route. There are lots of fresh breads and pastries on offer, all baked on site. Lovely fresh fruit, a variety of juices and cereals (skimmed and full milk available), continental breakfast meats and cheeses, yoghurts, and then bacon, eggs, beans, sausages, French toast, pancakes, local dishes such as salt fish, corned beef hash, a delicious spinach thing (the name of which escapes me), and more. Tea and coffee obviously. Lunch can be taken at Rainbow Garden or Coco’s or alternatively from the Mamora Bay beach grill where they offer some pretty great hotdogs and burgers. Rainbow Garden offers an extensive buffet or menu. The St James’s Club Burger (on the menu) is a cracker. We did not eat at Coco’s but I heard it was good. The buffets at Rainbow Garden are not as huge as at some places (I am thinking of a particular resort in Mexico which was MASSIVE) however they are pretty big with a broad enough selection and the quality is very good and is consistent. Docksiders is in a fantastic location for dinner as it is right on the bay in an open sided building so you really are right there on the sea. The food here and at Rainbow Garden alternates between a la carte and buffet in the evening. Whilst we were there the evening buffets included (amongst others) a Caribbean Buffet, a Mexican Buffet, a French Buffet, and an International Buffet. All of these were great. The a la carte was excellent. This is not a Michelin Restaurant and it is not a crazy expensive hotel, however the standard of the food was really impressive. Well presented, thoughtfully constructed, well seasoned and tasted great.

BARS: We used the Mamora Bay Bar and the Beach Bar during the day and the Reef Deck Bar too sometimes, and then the Jacaranda Bar in the evenings. All the bar staff are excellent and offer a great array of cocktails and smoothies etc along with the standard spirits and soft drinks. They will also mix up any cocktail you decide to create on the spot, without blinking an eye. The house wines are perfectly good (there’s a red, white and a sparkling/champagne). If you drink by the glass it is included and if you ask for a bottle then you pay. Simple enough system. The frozen milkshakes and smoothies were a huge hit with our little girl, and the great care taken by the bar staff (especially Ariel, Kerian and Shirley) to make her smoothies look super super special was really appreciated.

ACCOMMODATION: Obviously we can only comment on the accommodation we stayed in, but our accommodation was excellent. The bed was really comfortable. Pillows were not too hard and not too squidgy – just right in fact. The standards of cleanliness were excellent. The fixtures and fittings and décor were all clean and fresh and in keeping with the style of the resort. Just right. Bathroom had double basins and a large bath with shower overhead. The toiletries provided were actually nice and useable (which makes such a pleasant change). There was a good hairdryer in the bathroom – and I have really long hair so I am picky about my hairdryers, but this was great (with a lovely long lead too). Overall – extremely pleased with our accommodation. Had a gorgeous balcony overlooking the ocean. Really couldn’t fault it.

HOUSEKEEPING: They move around the rooms pretty quickly which is excellent as it means if you come back to the room at lunchtime your room will almost certainly have been serviced - which is so convenient, and doesn’t always happen in so many decent size beach resorts. The rooms are prepped beautifully so that on arrival the towels are fanned out and flannels arranged etc and decorated with fresh hibiscus flowers (I saw housekeeping picking the flowers some mornings). It looks beautiful and gives the feel of being really pampered and cosseted. Lots of hotels do this now – but still a lot don’t and this little tweak is a really lovely touch.

SERVICE: The service generally is good with some members of staff being quite exceptional in really making you feel like a valued guest and offering than little bit extra. Some members of staff really go out of their way to be friendly and welcoming and use your name, and with our 2 year old daughter a lot of the staff made a big effort to remember her name and use it which was lovely. I have noticed a few Trip Advisor reviews giving great reviews but commenting that if there was anything to criticise it would be the service. To be honest that was not our experience – I would agree that very occasionally one or two members of staff seemed a little less on the ball than others – but to be honest I cannot think of a hotel I have ever been to where that is not the case. Really the service here is good and compares very favourably to other Caribbean resorts (some of which are much more expensive).

FACILITIES: Overall the resort offers excellent facilities. The gardens are very well maintained and are extremely attractive and it is definitely worth going for a walk and have an explore around the site. The palm trees planted along the beach have been positioned intelligently to provide both a great look but also some shade and cool. There are buggies available to run you up to Piccolo Mondo if you don’t want to walk (Piccolo Mondo is a 5 minute walk from the lobby area and is raised up overlooking the bay). Near the lobby there are good outside seating areas tables and chairs to sit and have a drink in the evenings or to help yourself to coffee and tea during the day from the little gazebo which is set up for this. Lobby area is well presented with fresh appealing layout and well-furnished so you can relax in this area and make use of the free lobby wifi. There is a spa and salon, both of which I have heard from others are great, however I do not have first-hand experience of either – though I did stick my head in and it looked good and the treatments etc all look very appealing.

SHOPS: The onsite shop has a sort of minimarket section stocking mostly dry goods, and a great little freezer with ice creams, but it also sells loads of great beach toys for kids and has a good range of clothes (not just the normal cheesy t shirts, but some nicer stuff) and has all the usual extra touristy bits – but it is all decent stuff. Also they have newspapers and paperbacks and suncreams, aftersun and afterbite type stuff etc. Useful incase you run out or have forgotten something. There are three or four little tents/mini marquees down on the beach which are run by local stallholders selling the usual sorts of things. The items here are not a rip off – which to be honest one expects in such circumstances. There is also room for a little haggling which is always fun (well I think so).

CHILDREN: It worked very well for us as a family, and it is a very family friendly resort. Having said that, in the past I have always feared a ‘family friendly resort’ was a coded way of describing a place jam packed with hoards of shouting screaming children. This is absolutely not the case here. We really felt children were welcomed, but it wasn’t child centric. There are good wooden high chairs in all the restaurants and the food on the kid’s menus is great. However the buffets also offer some great options which our little one enjoyed. Also there is a kids club which appears to be very popular (although we didn’t leave our little one there as we wanted her with us for plenty of sandcastle building etc!) The beaches are wonderful for kids especially Mamora Baby. The bay has lovely calm waters and the depth does not drop too suddenly and goes out at quite a gentle gradient so little ones can walk out and explore going into the water with confidence.

GETTING OUT AND ABOUT: It is easy to rent a car (we did) or if you only want to go out once or twice it probably makes sense to use the resorts minibus to go into St Johns (the capital) and cabs to go elsewhere on an explore. If you do rent a car there is an onsite office, we in fact had already organised ours before arrival so it was dropped to St James’s for us and collected from there which worked very well. The car park is located so you can get to it easily (again, this is not always the case – at some resorts getting to the car park requires a massive trek).

VIRGIN CHECK IN CHILL OUT: We were travelling with Virgin Atlantic (we did not book the whole holiday through Virgin Holidays) and St James’s is one of the resorts on the island that offers the check in chill out service to Virgin Holidays Customers (for free) and Virgin Atlantic Passengers (depending on whether you are travelling upper, premium economy or economy this is either free (upper) or there is a small fee). This is a really useful service as it means you can get rid of all your hold luggage and get your boarding passes before 10am then enjoy a last trip to the pool or beach then get ready to go, have some lunch and tootle off to the airport a little later and just join the immigration queue without having to queue up at the check in desks as well.

Overall we had a thoroughly great time at St James’s. We have stayed here before prior to having our little girl and would also say it is a great couples hotel, not just a family hotel. On our arrival this time we noticed little (and some larger) tweaks and improvements across the board and we will definitely be going back. St James’s offers a great holiday with a casual but chic Caribbean vibe and for the standards you get (which are high) it is great value for money. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had a great week with a friend at St James Club. Beautiful beaches, great facilities, and a really lovely hotel. Lovely room, fab restaurants (though the buffets would get a bit repetitive if you're staying more than a week. Great lobby with free WiFi, fab watersports with really friendly guys giving lessons (included in the all-inclusive), great beach bar/grill, and a beach waiter for when you just can't be bothered to walk to the nearest bar :-) Plenty of sunbeds, loads of room on the beach (though the beach on the East side of the peninsula was too windy in the afternoon)

We paid for a beachfront room which we were really happy with.

The only negative was that the service was at times, pretty poor. There were unnecessary queues at the buffet meals, where you would queue for someone to check you in, then queue for someone else to take you to a table (seating ourselves wasn't allowed!) and then wait again, for water, then for drinks order, etc etc.... Over 90% of the time the staff were lovely and friendly, but a few were grumpy to the point of being rude - in particular when we went to book a hire car, the lady was totally unfriendly and disinterested.

Most most of the time it was great - fab pools, fab beaches, great watersports and brilliant all-inclusive. As long as you don't get annoyed by intermittent poor service, I'd thoroughly recommend St James Club.

And the spa was run by a lovely lovely woman (can't remember her name) and was to-die-for...... :-)

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms were well worth the (cheap) upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Spent a week at St James's and returned last week. Here is a summary of the positives and areas for improvements for this resort.

Positives:

The location of this resort is fantastic. It is a large resort but doesn't feel busy and corporate as some larger resorts do. The beach is beautiful, we spent most of our time at the mamora bay section, we liked the jetty as you get the beach location but don't get covered in sand. There are plenty of sunbeds, no need to fight for them and plenty of areas for shade.

On the beach you can get drinks from the guy in the buggy or there are 2 bars where you can get a drink from. One of these also does food so if you don't fancy lunch in the restaurant you can get a snack on the beach.

Watersports are excellent, a good range and the staff are helpful. There are also 3 floats in the sea, you swim out a short distance and then you can relax on the floats.

We stayed in a standard room. The bedroom was nice, air con and ceiling fan keep it nice and cool. The bathroom was a little outdated but from my understanding they are refurbishing. We had a nice balcony and a good view. I'm sure the suites are nicer but for the amount of time spent in the room I'm not sure we would pay extra for a superior room.

The food was very nice, a good choice - not as much choice as some others resorts but what they had was good quality and it varied each night with different themes. We liked that you have the option for buffet or a la carte depending on your choice of restaurant.

Lots of choice of drinks, great cocktails and tea and coffee available all day.

Areas for improvement

We found some of the staff to be a little....unhappy. Some were great singing along and happy to chat but others were the opposite. A few times we observed staff having frustrated conversations with each other in front of guests. At times the service needed improvements. On the first day we were seated and nothing explained to us. We were given a menu and left to it. We went to the buffet and ended up asking for drinks. On other days service was great but at several times during the week it was similar to day one.

As previously mentioned the bathroom could do with some updating.

The room fridge could do with some drinks, even just non alcoholic drinks so you can have a drink in your room.

A few tips:

Don't need to pack your hairdryer, there is one available in the room

You need to book for dinner ( we loved the docksider but it does get busy so book in the morning for that evening)

Dress code is smart so long trousers for men (smart shorts seemed to be ok)

The weather was great didn't feel too hot due to the breeze but really powerful sun so don't be fooled

Overall - A great hotel in a lovely location. Could be exceptional with a few extra features and updates and a bit of work on some of the service.

Room Tip: We had a standard room and whilst the bathroom could do with an update we still had a great view and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our first trip to Antigua - we chose the St. James Club based upon our travel agent recommendation and many, many reviews read here on TripAdvisor. So I feel the need to leave my own review.
Upon our arrival we were met with ice cold pink lemonade (with or without rum!) - I chose WITH rum and it was so yummy! We arrived early (2:00 p.m.) and knowing that check in is not until 4 p.m. we weren't expecting our room to be ready - but we were pleasantly surprised - the room was ready! A porter drove us and our bags to our first floor Beachfront room in the Pineapple building - we opened the door and saw straight through the unit to the beautiful palm trees and blue ocean! Needless to say, bathing suits went on immediately and 2-steps down off our patio and our toes were in the sand! Yes, they do call this the "windy beach" for a reason - non-stop breezes - but honestly, it feels very nice. We never broke a sweat while sun-bathing, and no, the wind never blew the sand so it was not a problem. A couple of earlier reviews state that these rooms were very noisy? The only noise we heard were the palm trees blowing in the breeze and the ocean waves - a very relaxing sound and not "noise" to us. Yes, we did hear the people on the second floor walking around their room - but that is to be expected especially with ceramic tile floors. Our only complaint about Coco's Beach is the enormous amount of sea-grass. In some spots it was so thick that you couldn't even walk into the water. We would have preferred crystal clear blue water where you can see your toes when you are in water up to your neck, but realize that this is the ocean and the sea-grass occurs naturally.
Room: Nice big room, huge bathroom with double sinks and a great ledge to put out all of your toiletries. As there were 3 of us we had the 2-double bed room as opposed to the King bed. One recommendation we would make is to upgrade to Queen size beds. We actually requested a roll-away bed so that we each had our own bed as double beds are just too small for two people! Also, the furniture is very dated and could use to be replaced and updated in a more Caribbean style. But the room was kept clean and we had no problems with that. We also received a stocked fridge with sodas, champagne, rum and a nice fruit platter upon our arrival!

Mamora Bay: This was the spot that has all the water activities - kayaks, paddle boards, Hobie Cats - we used them all and had a great time. All of the guys in the water sports building were super nice and very helpful. Beach volleyball is also played on the Bay beach at 4 p.m. every day. Super Dave and his activity crew were fantastic!
We really didn't spend much time at the pool but for a couple hours one afternoon and we played Bingo - the activities staff made it really fun.

Food/restaurants: I will start with the food quality - for the most part, everything we had was very good. The only thing that we encountered that was totally not edible were the scrambled eggs. We did the buffet at the Rainbow Garden a number of times for dinner, International Buffet at Docksiders and another dinner at Docksiders off of the menu, lunches were mostly had at the grill at Mamora Bay and a couple of snacks/lunches at Coco's. Now, on to "suggestions", rather than "complaints": Docksiders was closed 3 of the 5 nights we were there (why???), leaving us with no other option other than the buffet at Rainbow Garden (Coco's has a very limited menu which is more suitable for lunch). The other restaurant, Piccolo Mondo, was not an option to us due to the strict dress code. Our teenage son did not bring long pants, he did have numerous dressy shorts, but they would not allow him into Piccolo Mondo (where you have to pay an additional $35 per person) in dressy shorts. Also, every restaurant, even just the buffet, required men to wear collared shirts. We believe they need to ease up on this dress code - I mean, we are vacationing on a Caribbean Island - we want to dress the part ... I'm not talking cheesy t-shirts and ripped jeans, but rather classic, comfortable, relaxed Islandy styles. For the amount of money we paid to stay at this resort, we should be able to dress the way we like to dress. We should also have the option of having every restaurant open every evening. Lack of choice for breakfast is also a problem - the only restaurant serving breakfast is Rainbow Garden - where you have the option of ordering off of the menu, or the buffet. Yes, service was a bit slow in this restaurant, coffee was served cold one morning, and it took a while to get a new pot of fresh, hot coffee, but we did realize that we were on "island time".
Before I forget, I have to give props to Alfred on the beach "Rum Buggy" as I called it. What a hard worker he is! And always, always smiling!!
Evening entertainment: ??? We must have missed it . . . . . seriously, they are lacking tremendously in this area. One evening there was a band with a male and female singer at the pool area - the female singer had an excellent voice and we really enjoyed listening to her. Other than that - the only "entertainment" we saw were not so good bands playing in the background of the Docksider restaurant. Hardly "entertainment". This really needs to be improved upon.
Excursions: Shirley Heights party on Sunday night is not to be missed. We booked the shuttle through the hotel - it left the hotel at 5:30 and we were able to stay at Shirley Heights until 9 p.m. They had a wonderful steel drum band that were amazing, then another group took over and sang lots of American songs with a raggae twist! Amazing and lots of fun seeing the locals sing and dance and enjoy themselves right alongside all the tourists. We had the bbq food which was very good. The sunset wasn't very good the night we were there as it was very cloudy, but all in all it was a great time.
We also took the Island Safari trip - where we got to see a lot of the Island culture, visited Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights during the day, and ended with an hour on Long Bay Beach which was fabulous! This was the beach where we were able to see our toes while we were in the crystal clear water up to our necks!
It rained every day - but as in the tropics, just for short periods of time, then the sun was back out.
As stated earlier, this was our first trip to Antigua. We had a great time, and decided we would definitely go back to this island. We would also go back to St. James Club as we really enjoyed having the option of the beach or the bay and the people were just so friendly, warm and welcoming. We only would hold out until the rooms are updated before returning.
All in all it was exactly what we needed right when we needed it - some time away, to just veg out and relax, spend some quality family time together and create some fabulous memories that will last a lifetime!

Room Tip: Definitely recommend Beachfront rooms - request a first floor - cannot be beat.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to St. James's Club? Share your experiences!