We travelled to Antiqua from April 27 to May 4. This resort is an excellant place to unwind. There is alot of places to get away from people besides the room. Lots of pools throughout the resort or if not into swimming there is alot of secluded areas with comfy couches or gazebos to sit at. The staff are friendly and helpful and some go above like John at Guest Services, Gloria at Dockside and Joline oh and the excellant omellette chef at CoCos named Yolly. We were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and the Management sent up to our surprise a bottle of champagne. That was a wonderful touch. Never had a bad meal at the resort though wished when we where there that the Dockside Restaurant was not buffet, but al la carte for loved the views and entertainment there. We did a last minute tour on the Veranda boat and were really glad we did. Captain Andy and crew were very friendly and did a great job of educating us on the island like Nelsons Dockyard and Pillars of Hercules. It also was very convenient for it is right at the resort. We stayed in the Papaya Beach side rooms beach front. Great decision for the rooms and balcony are spacious and views are fantastic. My only complaint for the room is the air conditioning. If we had it on during the day or early evening it never seem to go down in temperature till very early morning. When you get tired of beaching or laying in the sun there is always many daily activities on the board in the main lobby. Now not sure if we would of been told about this at the hotel tour but there was a Management Party on the Monday which we heard from some people was a great event with fantastic gifts. Not sure why we were not told.
In short if you decide to go here for a couples getaway or family vacation you will not be disappointed.
Oh yes try the St James Special it is an excellant drink which we unfortunately did not try till the second last day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. See your favorite travel agent or contact Elite Island Resorts to book your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your St. James's Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club Antigua/Mamora Bay