St. James's Club is excellent and the best resort of its kind in our wide experience of hotels in the Caribbean and around the world. The staff are all so eager to make their guests feel welcome that we rate this hotel as "the hospitality capital of the world". We stayed in the beach-front rooms on two occasions (2011 and 2012) and in a villa on our latest visit two weeks ago. In each case the accommodation was very comfortable with great ocean views and the beaches were uncrowded with lots of chaise-longues and palapas. A golf cart service, provided by a friendly guy named Alfred, brings drinks to guests on the beach or you can get drinks at the conveniently located bars near the beaches and pools. There are half-a-dozen swimming pools on the hotel site with again lots of places to lie in the sun or shade. The extensive gardens with exotic flowering plants make St. James's Club a photographer's delight,offering people who like strolling an interesting landscape.
The restaurants are first-class. There is a wide choice of foods to suit all tastes and the service is terrific. We particularly enjoyed the crab-meat and smoked salmon roulade, the soups, the pastas, and the English -style puddings with custard (a rare treat for Canadians like us). The Brie cheese was equal to any we have sampled in France.
Standards are obviously very important to the owner Rob Barrett and the management of St.James's Club. The Duty Manager Jeff LaPointe pops up all around the site, monitoring performance, and asking guests if there is anything he can do to improve things. But in fact we could not have been more satisfied. We will be back next year without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. See your favorite travel agent or contact Elite Island Resorts to book your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your St. James's Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club Antigua/Mamora Bay