We just returned from St James Club last night...and it was really delightful. Do not take to heart the negative reviews. It is a lovely resort with plenty of beach,pool and water for everyone. We were told the resort was 90% full and if that is true one would never know it. They do a great job of keeping the resort clean and welcoming.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa. It was clean although a bit worn. The space was perfect for us. For the most part we enjoyed Mamora bay...and never had trouble finding a chair or shade.
Dinining: We dined at all the restuarants. Rainbow is great for breakfast and lunch...we only had dinner there once. We had lunch at cocas once and if was good. We ate at the Docksider and Mondo Piccolo twice each and they were really great for an AI. The food was great and service too. I would say for an AI it has the best food of any we have been to...2 in Aruba, Curacao, and another in Antigua. Ask for the a la carte menu at each meal if you do not want the buffet...sometimes they fail to mention that...one day we saw a deligthful looking club sandwich pass us in the rainbow room at lunch after having the buffet, and our server said "oh".....the servers are not the friendliest but the hotel goes out of its way to make you feel good.
As an example, one of our toilets did not work from day one...it didi get fixed by day 3....but they did not hide from the problem. and took care of us in the end. The problem was a pipe to shower issue.
It is a quiet resort without much nightlife...if you are looking for beautiful beaches, tennis and some good solid walking this resort is for you...we would probably go back and did talk with the time share people..so that is in the works too. hope this helps if anyone has any further questions...feel free to email me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. See your favorite travel agent or contact Elite Island Resorts to book your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your St. James's Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club Antigua/Mamora Bay