This was our fourth visit to St James Club and we have always been highly delighted, but something seems to be not quite so good. Our room was not ready when we arrived but we were given one of the Reef Suites, which was lovely. Unfortunately the airconditioning was not working properly and we had a constant pool of water under the unit, we were told it would be repaired but nothing was done, so we had to paddle to get to the fridge. We also had an infestation of small insects, which although they did come and try to get rid of them they kept coming back not pleasant.
It would have been nice to be informed the main bar area was under refurbishment, but that was up to Virgin Holidays to tell us before we arrived, it did make a difference as there was only Docksider to go to in the evening, and that could be very noisy having a conversation was impossible, the outside bar was open but as the weather was not good, it was not the best place to be . We also noticed a very unpleasant smell coming from the area round Docksider, but no one seemed to know what was causing it. Most of the staff were very pleasant and were very helpful especially a young man in the Rainbow restaurant I think his name was Jerome always a smile and nothing was too much trouble for him. I must say I do not think we shall go back to St James Club which is a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. See your favorite travel agent or contact Elite Island Resorts to book your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your St. James's Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club Antigua/Mamora Bay