“Beautiful Setting” 4 of 5 stars

Phum No.1, Laban Seak, Banlung, Cambodia   |
Cologne, Germany
“Beautiful Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

The tree top has some really pretty wooden bungalows and rooms that are cheaper. The prices are absolutely reasonable.
The jungle scenery is stunning and for me this place is perfect if you are seeking for silence, reading and jungle trekking of course. The owners are really nice and helpful.
Tree top organizes treks and serves food. I can highly reccommend the vegetarian mushroom burger.
Nature lovers will absolutely enjoy their stay there!

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kurashiki, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Arrived by motorcycle (7-hour trip on muddy, potholed road from Sen Monorom!) after having diarrhea all night and checked into my cute little twin room around 3:00pm. All I wanted to do was sleep! Place was clean enough and the bed was very comfotable. Until around 8:00pm when the guys next door came in. The cheaper rooms are attached, same floorboards, and this guy stomping across the room actually shook my bed! I was still feeling awful & needed the rest so had the manager go check it out, and I heard the giggling woman say "But we aren't doing anything!". The stomping subsided at around 11:00pm and I finally got back to sleep. I asked them to move me to a new room, a LOVELY private bungalow which was well worth the $15. I slept deeply there the next 2 nights. Good breakast & coffee, but dinner was marginal & meager-sized (plenty of other good places to eat in town). I had one of their employees "Mr Happy" take me around by motorbike to the falls one day, and on the next I hired a bicycle & saw the town & went out to Yeak Lom Lake. The manager can arrange onward travel, etc. but they seem unsure about the travel time, this is due to the constant changing of the bus/mini-van schedule and condition of the roads which were awful (Sen Monorom~Ban Lung) when I visited. All in all a nice place to stay, I woudl definitely stay there agian, in a private bungalow!

Room Tip: Choose a private bunglaow lest you be subject to giggling, stomping people next door!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Chardonne, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed there 2 nights end November.
We had a double room with bathroom, but there was no sink.
We complained about it and asked a reduction on the room, but there was no discussion as we "accepted" the room in this state. We apparently could have chosen another one, but every other room were booked, so I doubt about it.
Also there was only cold water and we were not warned about it.
Anyway our stay was fine and the food is good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have been in Banlung several times and this is one of, if not the most charming place to stay in this laid back but fast developing provincial capital of Rattanakiri. Great view from the main platform with a good number of chalets hidden in the dense forest around and below. Food is good, service is nice and staff is speaking English quite well.

Room Tip: Try to get a chalets on the same level of the platform. Comes with a great view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The lodge was a welcome respite in a remote part of Cambodia. We loved the bungalows with hammocks outside, comfortable beds and cool bathrooms. The restaurant is a great place to hang out relaxing, with terrific pizza and coffee, and of course the Kymer food options too. Very good scrambled eggs for breakfast. We wish we'd been able to spend longer than one night. Our main purpose in visiting was to travel in the area to have an elephant experience with the local people. That was fantastic, and without riding the elephants we washed them in the river and fed them bananas in a little forest clearing. Too bad so much of the surrounding jungle has been deforested!

Room Tip: Handy to Have a torch
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Tree Top Eco-Lodge is a fantastic location.
The restaurant is of a wooden style and looks amazing; overlooking the valley.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.
Rooms are clean, although could do with brighter lights I think!

HOWEVER. I must say that I did not use them to book any tourist ventures, which I believe is the most common thing they are used for. Don't use this review as a guideline on this aspect of the lodge. For all I know, it could be no good at all.

Room Tip: A single room actually is a double bed, or it was from my experience. Website suggests it is a singl...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Den bosch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We spend 7 nights in this lodge. First 3 nights in the `cold shower` bungalow. Beautiful but the houses have open spaces so don`t be afraid for a frog in your room. After our jungle trip we stayed another 4 nights in the `warm shower` bungalow. These are way better then the `cold shower` bungalows. It`s so relaxing, and the beautiful sunset every evening is amazing!!

Best stay in Ban Lung for sure!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tree Top Eco-Lodge? Share your experiences!