“A Wonderful Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Dobel B&B and Inns
Columbia, South Carolina
“A Wonderful Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Clean, immaculate and comfortable, you are guarantee to have a good rest
The restaurant is on the first floor seems to stay busy
The clerk spoke fluent English
For a simple stay, with not much of the big amenities that you might be use to
Very good get away, if your intention is to go hiking in the forest or to have a peaceful weekend
The city is extremely quiet, peaceful, clean, and pleasant to be in…it is a certainty that you will forget about home while you are here
Do not expect to have any major night life or anything wild, this city is mellow and the same can be said about the people
The room size was acceptable, not small and not too big, the bathroom was on the small size but very clean and new, nice size flat screen television with a mixture of languages to include CNN in English
Bed is on the tough side, but did not bother me because this is the way I like a bed
If you are not into wildlife, there were few horses close by, also did not bother me because I love wild life
No air condition in the rooms but the room was cool in the middle of summer
Overall a pleasant stay

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms under the restaurant because you can hear the conversation by the patrons
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Melksham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

After a problem with our pre booked hotel, we had to find an alternative late in the evening. This hotel could not have been more helpful and came to our rescue.
They also allowed us to park our motorcycle in their garage free of charge.
Thank you.

Mark Jaworski
Melksham, England
May 2012

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

typical German gasthouse,easily located. Very clean and tidy.
On arrival,I was very pleased to see a traditional German restaurant with rooms upstairs.The place was well maintained.However,a smile here and there would have been nice.The lady owner was trying to be pleasant but the man was quite rude at times.He twice passed me and my children carrying heavy suitcases and never once offered any help.
The possibility of an evening meal was great after a long drive, however the portions were quite miserly,especially the meat. They are happy to reccomend "spetzler"( I think ) but we did not like it even a little bit: overstodgy and overcooked pasta ,we think, with specks of bacon,we might as well have eaten bricks...Sitting outside on their terrace and sipping wine was great fun,just perfect.
There was a lovely young horse trotting in their garden in the morning which my daughters found delightfull.
The surrounding countryside was beautiful especially for keen walkers as it ties into a large network of routes. We stumbled accross a local tennis club and watched two very able couples play.That was thoroughly enjoyable and people there bothered to talk to us which was great.

Room Tip: our bedroom( above the terrace) was superior to our daughters.it was simply newer and more up to dat...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Tut mir leid, meine Deutsch ist schlecht!

Ich war wandern die Westweg und ich hatte ein Zimmer fuer die Nacht. Meine zimmer war neben die Toilette und war schoene Aussicht. Fur abendessen Ich hat hirschgulasch und flaedle suppe. Wunderbar! Und billig nach!

Fruhstuck war kostenlos und der Mann was sehr hilfreich. Sie geben mich ein regionkarte fur der Westweg. Fruhstuck war sehr lecker-- yoghurt, musli, schinken, kase, brot.... :)

Ich hatte ein wunderbar Erfahrung! Alles fur 29 EUR!

(In English now if I was WAY off in German)

I was hiking the Westweg and I had a room there for the night. My room was near the toilet and I had beautiful views. For dinner I had deer goulasch and flaedle soup, wonderful! Add cheap too!

Breakfast was free and the man was very helpful. He gave me a map of the westweg. Breakfast was tasty- yoghurt, musli, ham, cheese, bread.... :)

I had a wonderful experience-- all for 29 EUR!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Gasthof zur Linde? Share your experiences!