“Treated like royalty!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walmersley
Bury, United Kingdom
“Treated like royalty!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked our wedding on Sunday 9th June 2013 at the Red Hall and it was worth every penny. The whole team, their manners and whole smiling demeanour and nothing was too much trouble to make our day special. Doug and I are so grateful for Warrens guidance (who was cutting the grass when i came back from town to get ready lol) and his northern sense of humour helped. I have to make a special announcement for the lovely staff on the reception in the form of Will and Claire, the latter who i had a lengthy conversation with in the foyer and her helpfulness on our day. One of my guests our best man had brought his dog and didnt know where to leave him for the day being so warm. The staff never gave it a second thought and he was allowed to stay in one of the guests rooms which was a credit to them and less of a worry for my best man. The food was piping hot and cooked to perfection. I had ordered a non alcoholics drinks package for one of my guests which was dealt with swiftly and promptly when i asked about this.
My only hiccup was the getting changed in the room having stayed the night before. Just too small for room and moving about. The Princess suite is out of this world just beautiful.
I cannot praise the efforts of the staff enough and to party essence for dressing the room so beautiful for our reception - thank you xx

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Glossop, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We booked our wedding at the Red Hall Hotel on May 11th 2013. Whilst everyone probably believes that their wedding was the most perfect wedding that ever there was, myself and my new husband can honestly say that for us, the Red Hall Hotel provided the service, care and attention which made our day absolutely wonderful. The staff are a credit to this establishment - from those working on the Reception to those waiting on tables and working in the bar to the housekeepers.
Warren, our wedding coordinator deserves a special mention (and if his boss is reading this - give the man a pay rise!) his kindness and patience towards a very nervous bride - and an equally nervous and somewhat harrassed groom, was very much appreciated and his down to earth, northern humour helped put us both at ease throughout the whole planning process.
Also have to mention the wedding breakfast - many of our guests have confirmed that it was without a doubt the best meal they have ever had at a function - lamb and duck options both cooked to absolute perfection and the additional options of extra jugs of sauce just gave the meal the added appreciated extra. The waiting staff and their friendly banter (again, giving a nervous groom and father of the bride about to give speeches a well executed 'pep talk') really added to the friendly, relaxed atmosphere we were hoping to achieve with our day. Only complaint with the evening hog roast was that myself and the new husband were too full from the wedding breakfast to really take full advantage of this!
Bridal 'Princess' suite was absolutely beautiful - large enough bath to accommodate a couple needing to soak aching feet after a night of dancing and mingling with guests, and a private terraced area to relax with a morning coffee after the big day. Breakfast (excellent choices) in the restaurant the following morning also gave a perfect opportunity to relax, chat and thank those guests that had chosen to stay over at the hotel.
If there was any 'glitch' at all, it would be that at the original point of booking our special day, it was that we were informed that rooms would be available at the hotel the night before (particularly handy as we had guests attending from as far as Singapore, Italy, Spain and London) and after booking and paying our deposit we were informed that this would not actually be the case. Some of our guests then made alternate accommodation arrangements, only for the rooms to be 'released' nearer to the date (I hasten to add, in the interest of fairness, that this scenario occurred as a result of wrong information relayed to us by a member of staff who is no longer at the Red Hall).
All in all, a perfect day - cannot recommend the Red Hall Hotel highly enough. Lovely hotel, lovely staff and Warren is an absolute gem.
Thank you for making our day so memorable.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had our wedding at the Red Hall 17/5/13, Warren and his team were amazing, they looked
after us completely, felt very at home and relaxed throughout the whole day. Rooms were very clean and comfortable and spacious. The wedding breakfast was served beautifully and professionally by Warren, Darren and their team, cannot praise them enough. From start to finish we had an amazing day. All our guests have commented on the excellent service and food. If you are looking for the perfect venue then it has to be The Red Hall,

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went to the Red Hall this weekend,for a private family function.We stayed overnight in a family room,5 of us,3 generations.
Check in was quick, efficient and friendly. Our rooms where clean and very comfortable.Plenty of tea and coffee,the children enjoyed a hot chocolate whilst watching childrens television.
The meal in the evening was very special,never tasted such a good black pudding,all the food was nicely presented,and tasted wonderful.The children aged 4 and 6 had "Fish fingers" freshly made in batter,they loved them,followed by 3 flavours of ice cream.The staff in the restaurant,were helpful and attentive.
Good choice of food at breakfast,we were all catered for.The full english breakfast was excellent.
Wonderful stay,looking forward to another visit soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went to Red Hall last Sunday for lunch, this isn't the first time in the hotel dining but it was the first time for Sunday lunch and I had to take a minute to give what I feel is deserved feedback. The service as always was lovely and we were well looked after by Pepe and his team. The food was excellent, very tasty, very nicely presented and fantastic value. £17.95 for 3 courses! We had a lovely bottle of wine and could have stayed all day...maybe next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

So it was my 21st Birthday and I was having a party at my home town (where I no longer lived) therefore needed to stay in a hotel.

With a choice of not so many in Ramsbottom I decided to go for the one a little bit more out of the way because 1. the price was cheaper than those in Ramsbottom and I was advised by friends to choose Red Hall over the others due to their past experiences.

The hotels central to Ramsbottom were charging £60 a night and the Red Hall was only charging £40 plus £10 for an additional bed to be put in the room.

On the day we were arriving at the hotel it was snowing so we was looking forward to getting all warm and cosy in the hotel room before having to get ready. Upon arrival the hotel seemed very welcoming with a lady at the service desk ready to take us up to our room which was lovely to say we were 30 minutes early.

We were asked if we needed our bags taking up to our room to which we declined. There were rooms at a lower level but a lift for those requiring it.

Entering the room, on first impression was very neat and presentable. There were nice furnishings and the room appeared to be very clean. The room had a theme of greens and creams. The bed was very grandiose and the mattress appeared to be comfortable when trying it out. The cushions were very squashy and were lovely to rest on before I had to get ready. The room was a little cold at first but I think the hotel put the heating on as soon as we arrived which warmed the room up. One thing to maybe mention was the bed they put up for the additional £10. It was kind that they did this however the bed almost snapped when my friend went to lie on it. It was quite funny in all honesty but it was a little flimsy. It was literally a springy vintage camp bed.

When I inspected our bathroom, again very presentable and modern. It was brown furnishing (tiles) and white piece bathroom furniture. The shower was rainforest like was very hot. The bathroom had a huge mirror and great lighting for getting ready and putting makeup on.

We had tea & coffee & hot chocolate facilities in our room however we had only a limited amount of UHT milk. I do personally prefer fresh milk to decided to ask downstairs to see if I could purchase fresh milk and the king gentleman asked me if I needed help and when I asked him for milk he said that is not a problem and brought me a jug filled with fresh milk and told me there was no charge. This was lovely as most hotels would charge for this service.

When leaving for our party I asked if there were a curfew for returning back to the hotel to which they said no there is always someone manning the door to let you in.

After our night out there was a door man waiting for us and opened the door and told us goodnight which I thought was nice. I also didn't feel like I was being judged, I know this might sound strange but when you go to some hotels you do sort of feel judged. I look quite young for age and I was slightly drunk when I arrived back to the hotel and the door man treated the 3 of us dead lovely.

We sadly had to leave without having breakfast the day after so cannot comment about the food. Apparently they do a nice steak though. I would recommend this to anyone travelling to Ramsbottom or Bury and need a night out. It is far better than any of the other hotels (i.e. village hotel and grants arms). I really would recommend it, especially for the price.

VERY CLEAN
VERY GOOD SERVICE
VERY PRESENTABLE
WARM AND WELCOMING

Room Tip: I am unsure about there being any fitness centre or swimming pool Our room was very quiet and warm...