We stayed 2 nights in a king villa. The room and bathroom was very spacious with all the features you need for a short stay (air con, TV, fridge, microwave, sink, kettle and coffee/tea, cups/plates/utensils etc). The outdoor patio was lovely, overlooking some bushland paddocks where we had the pleasure of observing a pair of yellow-tailed black cockatoos.
The property was picturesque and serene and a nice short stroll to the pool, spa, BBQ area, tennis court, reception, brewery or restaurant. The food at the restaurant was delicious, with multiple vegetarian options. The brewery was great, really attractive layout and the beers were awesome! Taps connected from the brewery straight to the bar :-) All of the staff were really friendly.
The location was great. A short drive to either Cessnock town centre or the main wine country strip. It was close enough to the main winery areas that the tour companies offered free hotel pickup.
The only things I would suggest to the venue would be to update the mattresses and offer out-of-restaurant hours bar food. Also, to ask patrons to keep their kids quiet/indoors early mornings... We stayed in school holidays and a trio of kids woke us early one morning playing on their scooters in the driveway outside our room. Other than those small things, awesome place and we will definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country, Potters is a relaxing getaway. With new ownership since late 2008, Potters is home to the Hunter Beer Co., a fabulous Brasserie and Resort-Style Accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Potters Hotel & Brewery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Potters Hotel And Brewery
- Potters Hotel & Brewery Greater Newcastle/Cessnock, Australia
- Potters Brewery