My family and I booked to stay at this hotel for the New Year's holiday based in it's location, appearance from the road and the web site.
Since we arrived before the normal check-in time, we asked if we could drop off our luggage so we could do the rounds at the many great wineries of the Hunter Valley. The very unfriendly "manager" at the counter informed us that one room was ready and that we could drop all luggage in that one, which we did.
At 4pm we were ready to freshen up and went back to the hotel. There was another lady at reception this time who happened to be a friendly person. We were informed that we would have to move our luggage at the first room allocated to myself and all were assigned to their respective rooms. That was okay by me, but when I opened the new room allocated, it was a mess - like it was hit by a cyclone, obviously not cleaned and prepared. I hit the ceiling and the family came iwth me to reception since one of the rooms ordered with extra beds for children, did not have them.
I was allowed to stay at the original room (where we were allowede to drop our luggage earlier).
As I was complaining, another couple heard me and said their room had not been done up either so were upgraded.
The menu at what they call their restaurant was good, but should be graded more like a Cafe than a restaurant. They had pretty good Cafe type meals, fortunately. and their bar was okay.
Staff at the bar and at the "restaurant" were friendly. Unless we hear the place or it's management has made changes to improve things, the family is definitely not going back for another disaster weekend. During that weekend, we check out a couple of other places that looked pretty good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country, Potters is a relaxing getaway. With new ownership since late 2008, Potters is home to the Hunter Beer Co., a fabulous Brasserie and Resort-Style Accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Potters Hotel & Brewery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Potters Hotel And Brewery
- Potters Hotel & Brewery Greater Newcastle/Cessnock, Australia
- Potters Brewery