“Very good service, nice boutique wines” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Attractions in Nulkaba
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Melbourne, Australia
23 attraction reviews
“Very good service, nice boutique wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I came here specifically because TripAdvisor users recommended me to do so, and I was not disappointed.

My server, Neville, was a fantastic host, he allowed me to work my way through the wine list at my own pace and was incredibly apologetic when he had to go and put through sales from the other guests, even though he was only gone for a couple of minutes. The other servers appeared to show equally as much care and friendliness to the others tasting wine.

He was also very helpful, and gave me a few suggestions where to go after I had finished at Ernest Hill wineries.

It was a nice little setting, sitting on the front porch of the winery enjoying a drink while overlooking the vines. I even got a visit from the resident cat.

The wines were very nice and quite different to what I would normally expect. Ended up buying a few bottles to drink during my stay and take home. Bottle prices were quite cheap too.

Much like everyone else who's reviewed this place has recommended, do yourself a favour and go there.

Visited August 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Most unique!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had the best and unique dessert wine out of all the vineyards we went to, ended up going back at the end of the day to pick up a few bottles of dessert wine! The owners were super nice and helpful as well, learnt a lot about their wines!!

“Very welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was our first our first stop for the day and although only a small winery, the service and hospitality was the best we experienced that day. They had a great knowledge of the area and were only too happy to help us with whatever they could.

Sydney
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I toured hunter valley wineries for my Hens weekend, and Ernest Hill was my favourite on the day! Excellent presentation of the wines, loved the Shiraz, Rose and Luna Spark dessert wine. Well worth a visit!

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“What a great winery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was our first stop during our tour and it really did just set the scene for a great afternoon. Hamish was our host and he was just brilliant! Great knowledge but just a hoot to socialise with. We didn't want to leave! Tried I am sure just about every wine and I am pretty sure we brought just about every wine too. We have already started telling friends about this hidden gem and will defiantly be back to visit.