“Excellent value, clean comfortable and spacious, lovely staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Thremhall Ave | London Stansted Airport, Stansted Mountfitchet CM24 1PY, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Náxos, Kikladhes, Greece
“Excellent value, clean comfortable and spacious, lovely staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My title says most of it. I was very happy with almost everything and if the wi-fi had been working and the breakfast sausages less revolting I would have rated my stay here as excellent. I didn´t choose to eat in the restaurant because I thought the prices far too high.
I can´t commend the staff enough, and I wouldn´t hesitate to stay here again or recommend the hotel to friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback of the hotel and of the team. I apologise that during your stay the WIFI was down, which was caused during the implementation of WIFI throughout the hotel. I am now very happy to be able to say that this has now been completed and I hope you will choose to come and take advantage of this in the future.

I will certainly take on board your feedback on the restaurant and breakfast and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tidworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Very helpful staff; good sized room which was very clean. Despite being in close proximity to a busy airport the room was very quiet. Breakfast was great and catered for all requirements.

Facilities included a fully stocked bar and a small fitness suite.

The only negative is having to pay £8 to park your car - a little cheeky considering you are staying in the hotel!!!

That said I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Martin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. Due to the hotels location there is a car parking charge, however we always aim to be competitive within the market.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Humble, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

You all know by now how the rooms are in Holiday Inn Express's, basic, small, terrible sofa, worse bathroom.

But that I can live with, the bed was very comfy.

The food. Different story. Absolutely pathetic. Obviously not cooked onsite. Gammon steak was just thrown in the deep fat, came out all shrivelled and brick hard. It was disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Breakfast was poor also. No bacon?!?!

The bar is expensive.

Very busy hotel too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Martin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am really sorry to hear your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I am pleased that you found the bed to be comfy however it is diappointing to see the reviews of the room in general. We are currently undertaking a refurbishment whereby all the rooms are being freshly painted, new TV's have been installed and free WIFI will soon be available in all the rooms.

I am also really sorry to hear that your evening meal and the free breakfast was not to your liking. Our team always try to rectify any problems that may arise during guests stay. As a brand from 6am we offer a hot selection inclusive of beans, sausage and scrambled egg. We try to accomodate all our guests offering, pastries, toast, cereal and fruit between 4am-10am. With reference to your evening meal I would be greatful if you could contact us via the reservations.hixstansted@kewgreen.co.uk so we can hopefully resolve this matter. I will pass this feedback on to the Kitchen team to ensure that other guests do not have the same experience.

Majorca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was very impressed with my stay here but the price of the food and bar items are very high. There are no close shops near by to buy snacks or drinks only a McDonald's. however, I was in desperate need of some stamps, a trainee young girl on reception searched for some and was unable to help me but she went out to her car and gave me 2 of her own she had and didn't take any money off me which I offered. The staff here go all out to satisfy there guests and this was a trainee which I noticed on her badge. I did ask for a wake up call from another member of staff and never received it but overall good stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff to be both friendly and helpful. They will always try and assist you were they can. I apologise that you did not receive the wake up call. Wake up calls can be set on both the TV and the phone in the rooms. In some cases the reception team will call however we are unable to guarantee this during busy periods. We do our best to ensure that even during this time wake up calls are not missed.

As well as a McDonald's there is also a BP garage where you can purchase some items. I thank you for your review of the bar and restaurant prices it is always beneficial for us to get as much feedback as possible.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Clean and well presented modern hotel and very useful for flying out and leaving your car on site. Good but expensive airport shuttle bus. One issue is lack of wi-fi in the rooms and is only working in the bar/ reception area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Martin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. I am really pleased to see that we fulfilled most of your expectations. The hotel is currently in the process of having a refurbishment which will enable our guests to access free WIFI from their rooms as well as having new TV's installed.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us if travelling through Stansted Airport in the future and be able to enjoy the new facilities we have on offer.

Estonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I don't think anyone would think of using this hotel for any other purposes than transit anyway... As a place where to get a quick nap between flights or before an early morning take-off, it's good enough. Service is quick and friendly, rooms are clean although the mattresses are a bit lumpy and springy, breakfast is so-so but it's free and they start serving it 4am. Plus it's not expensive and there's a shuttle every half an hour taking you to and from the airport (although it's not free, so be prepared to pay £3 each way).
All in all I can't complain.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We believe that the hotel is perfectly located for guests who wish to travel through Stansted airport and the surrounding areas and I am pleased to see that your recent stay with us fulfilled that requirement. I am sorry to hear that the breakfast did not meet your full expectations and I will certainly look at what can be done to improve this, but we are proud to be able to offer a free breakfast to all of our guests between 4am - 10am.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Does what it says on the lable, perfectly adequate for travelling. Food is of dubious quality, excellent helpful staff, bar with truly eye watering prices. The trick is to stay here, but drive elsewhere to get to a watering hole........But then we will still use it again!

Room Tip: Rooms are cloned! All reasonable