I don't expect too much in a Holiday Inn express but when I arrived at 9pm for a short overnight stay, waiting for an early flight on a freezing night, the room was frreeezing.When I figured out how to increase the temp after sticking the card in the slot at the door, it took just over an hour to get from 11 degrees to 20degrees. The kettle was the first port of call for a warming drink but I was again up against problems. The kettle had to be held in the base in a particular way or it went off, so I had to stand there for 5 minutes holding and twisting the kettle to make it work and make a cuppa.Not very good. I also had to pay £3 for a transfer both ways for a 5 minute run which adds up to £12 for a couple. It should be free.End of moan . Make up your own mind!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel is ideally located within 5 minutes of the Airport terminal via the hotel transfer bus (small charge applies £3.00 Each way). The hotel is ideally positioned for visits to Newmarket, Cambridge, Bury St.Edmunds, Mildenhall, London Olympic Village, Eurostar Kings Cross and Stratford Terminals. All 254 bedrooms, are equipped with air-conditioning, power shower, tea and coffee making facilities and fully interactive TV system with high speed internet connectivity. The Holiday Inn Express London Stansted Airport offers Meet Smart facilities. Hotel has 6 meeting rooms all with natural daylight, and can accommodate up to 70 delegates in theatre style. Hotel has an Informal style bar lounge with plasma TV's & Sports Bar,showing all of the latest top sports event plus the Great Room including the Rotisserie Restaurant where breakfast & evening meals are served.The Rotisserie restaurant is a new concept at the Hotel where guests can watch the chickens turn golden brown,this includes free salad bowl with all Rotisserie dishes a great vale offering. The Hotel also has on-site parking for up-to 175 cars & is ideally located near Duxford Imperial War Museum and also close to Cambridge & Newmarket. PLEASE NOTE that an overnight parking charge applies for residents of £8.00. Parking is only available to hotel residents whilst staying in the hotel. Park Stay&Go packages are available.Please note! NO BUS TRANSFER during the following times: 12.00 Midnight to 4.00Am,£3 per person each ways payable on the bus applies, children under 16 travel free.All other times every 30 minutes. A limited service operates through Christmas&New Year. A 24hr taxi service is available from the terminal at the cost of approx. 7.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport Hotel Stansted
- Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex