“Good example of budget hotel going the extra mile” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Stansted Airport

You added Premier Inn Stansted Airport to your Saves list
Premier Inn Stansted Airport
Thremhall Avenue | Stansted Airport, Stansted Mountfitchet CM24 1PY, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rooms from £47
Leicester, England
“Good example of budget hotel going the extra mile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Booking was easy on the net, as you'd expect. price for 2 rooms 24 hrs before hand was £140 (the £29 nights are never there are they?) but cheaper than missing the flight due to the weather though.
Check in was easy, apart from the additional £8 overnight parking charge we were unaware of and disappointed to have to face - allegedly imposed by BAA as we were on Airport land??!! Staff were sympathetic but unable to assist.
Rooms were great, warm, clean, comfortable and quiet as you would expect from Premier Inn.
The restaurant was good, friendly waiting staff -despite being over stretched during dinner and very accommodating at breakfast. They managed to mess the meal bill up - due to being stretched only I am sure- but strangely in their favour!!!
Could local staff do more? No. Could the marketing people / operational management? Yes definitely and soon!

• Stayed January 2013
Stansted P, Manager at Premier Inn Stansted Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor about out Premier Inn Stansted Airport Hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

I thank you again for your positive feedback as we strive to offer to all of our guests’ very high standards of service.

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the car park charges but unfortunately as mentioned by yourself we are on BAA land, there is a very competitive £8 charge which is very cheap as compared to other operators.

I am shocked to hear that there was some confusion with your bill as our restaurant team is mostly very good in handling customer bills but on this occasion they clearly did not met your expectation. I would definitely investigate and address this to ensure smooth guest journey.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Stansted Airport and in the mean while if there is anything which you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 44 1279 666590 or opsmgr.stanstedairport@whitbread.com

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Polish first
Limassol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Flew into Stansted from Cyprus on the 13th January. Arrived at 1am after a 5 minute drive from the car rental pick up area (just follow the signs for petrol and McDonalds, Premier Inn is behind the petrol station) and really happy to say that the Premier Inn staff were waiting for us and very, very welcoming. Check in was painless, room was spotlessly clean and the bed was comfortable, with tea/coffee facilities, TV, extra towels. We booked online for the fantastic price of £19, however (and this is my only gripe about the stay), were charged £8 to park the car for the night. I may be mistaken, or to keen to book a room for that price, but I don't remember being advised on the website that a car park charge would apply for Stansted. If we'd paid a lot more for the room It would have been a problem but, as it was, we paid , booked a breakfast for the morning and went to bed.

Sleep was good, if not you've got the option of having your money back, and the breakfast selection in the morning was very good. An all you can eat buffet with plenty of options (vegetarian, cereal, fried, costa coffees, etc) for £8.25 each.

All in all, a very welcome stay. Staff were absolutely extremely helpful and you could see that they actually meant it which really does matter when choosing to stay at a place. Big thumbs up for the Premier Inn. We travelled from here to Norwich where we stayed at the Broadland Business Park Premier Inn so will review that later (a slightly different experience, but still good). Well done to the Premier Inn, but please, please if you are going to charge for the car park, let me know when I book online.

Room Tip: Room advice: If you can try and get a room away from the A120. Traffic noise isn't great but if...
Dear Guest

I would like to confirm that we do inform our guest prior to booking about car park charges and this is also mentioned on our website.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights and were extremely impressed by the accommodation and service we received all at a very reasonable price. We were also able to leave our car at the hotel whilst we went on holiday and this was also very reasonably priced at £8 per night. The shuttle bus picked us up and took us to the airport for an extra £3 each which was also very handy.

The staff were all charming on reception especially Wanita (?sp) who welcomed us warmly when we arrived back quite late in the evening which was lovely.

An excellent, very well managed hotel which I would recommend to all who wish to stay at Stanstead. Thank you.

Dear Guest

I will definitely convey your message to my reception team and glad to know that you were happy with the service you received.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed here the night before we were due to fly. Paid very little so we weren't expecting much- just a bed for the night. What we got was amazing. We were greated by two very welcoming members of staff, despite it being very late in the evening. The room itself was faultless; extra pillows if needed, brilliant hairdryer, comfortable beds and minimal noise from the traffic and other guests. Only slight issue was I couldnt get very good connection to their '30mins free wifi' so just connected to 3G instead. Not a major issue as I wasn't there for business purposes. I'd definitely recommend staying here, especially for access to the airport. Definintely changed my view of Premier Inns!

Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear that your free WIFI connection had some issues but for future reference please call us by dialing 0 from your room service phone and we will be happy to assist.

Vilanova i la Geltru, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Really lovely. Friendly welcome from professional staff. Excellent value, spotless, great facilities (kettle, tea, milk etc, tv, free wifi for half an hour) . Very very quiet, an excellent night's sleep in a great wide bed. The only shame was the price of the bus ticket from the train station, £3 each for a 5 min journey, but there was a note in the bus explaining the reason why, as their fees for using the bay at the bus station had been increased massively. That was the only drawback. The hotel itself was of an excellent standard, I would recommend this to anyone with an early flight the next day. Don't drive through the night, stay here instead, much nicer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the shuttle bus service charges, which is £3 per adult. Unfortunately as this service is provided by Third Party Company we do not have any control on their prices. But I can assure you that these prices are very competitive as compared to other operators.

Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have just stayed at this Premier Inn for the huge price of £19. Couldn't fault it- room excellent- lovely sofa to sit and chill on. Breakfast was not included but for £22-99 you get a 3 course evening meal, plus drink plus all you can eat breakfast. My only complaint was a rough towel with holes- but for £19 fabulous deal. Will be staying again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I am very sorry and shocked to hear that your towel had holes and I would definately address this with my house keeping team.

wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Excellent value, clean, spacious, contemporary accomodation at Stansted. Staff were efficient and friendly. We had a problem with the heating system and had to change rooms and the staff could not have been more helpful. The heating system in the new room was extremely noisy which meant I could not sleep, but I am not a good sleeper at the best of times! Overall a great value stay.

Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our heating system noise. I can confirm that I will definately investigate this and ensure this is resolved as soon as possible. Our hotel is just few months old and it is really surprising that you encountered this problem.

Operations Manager

Been to Premier Inn Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!