“Fantastic!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Linden House

and 1 more site!
You added Linden House to your Saves list
Linden House
5.0 of 5 Inn   |   1-3 Silver Street, Stansted Mountfitchet CM24 8HA , England   |
“Fantastic!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Had a lovely time at linden house, the food was majestic and the staff were approachable and helpful with everything they had to deal with. The rooms were also very comfortable and I had one of the best nights sleep in a long time. Will definitely be suggesting here to my friends.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had decided this year to take our staff to Linden House for our Christmas Meal. The setting for this was superb and I must comment that the staff and service was superb. In addition several of our staff stayed overnight and commented that the attention to detail within the rooms was excellent.
I am a great believer in service and good food, and Linden House ticked all of the boxes. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Splashed out on LINDEN HOUSE for my husband's birthday and was not disappointed. We arrived about 30 minutes early so we just sat and people watched with a nice glass of wine .This was an evening to remember very attentive staff wonderful food. Room was comfortable and in a great location. Pure luxury and a great service.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The much reported problems with the car park,sounds like the council are being rather pedantic,were focussed in sharp relief on the rainy lunchtime in early October when we visited.My wife was very happy because she was deposited at the main entrance and was warmly welcomed,supplied with a bottle of Verdelho and was contentedly viewing the menu by the time I dripped in.
There was a budget priced lunchtime menu I intended to patronise as we were only in the area for social reasons but the website seemed a little misleading on what was budget. Belatedly I attempted to check my impressions on this but the site had changed.
Starters were very good and although my wife only had a "budget" pork chop,which was substantial, she still needed to help me out on my vast Irish Rib Eye Steak!
I am not normally much of a red meat eater but my drizzly walk had provoked hunger and the waitress had said the steak was not too big!!
However the food was very good, the room very pleasant with terrific lights(it used to be an antique store I believe) and enough tables busy at lunchtime to give a buzz. One star off, the car park.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Epsom, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed over for a night for a catch up and dinner with a business associate. We really enjoyed the brief stay. Everyone who dealt with us were smiley and professional....it makes such a difference. The rooms are really comfortable and just the right side of quirky. The cooking was excellent with interesting specials clearly explained by the waitress. This is a really nice small hotel with character.

Room Tip: Room 9 is lovely.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We had Sunday lunch here today. The restaurant is very smart and the decor is lovely. Staff were efficient, though not very "warm".
Sadly the food was only average. The menu was different from the menu on the restaurant's website and there was only one vegetarian option, and nothing vegetarian on the set menu.
The striploin of roast beef was very fatty and too pink in some places. Yorkshire puddings were a let down - they were far too crispy and crumbled as soon as you put your knife and fork in. The veg was ok but the roast potatoes were hard.
Pudding was a little better - apple crumble with cinnamon ice cream was lovely, but the chocolate brownie was very dry with no chocolate sauce or coulis to moisten it.
Overall, the place looks great, but for the price tag the food was not good enough. I've had far better roast dinners at the local carvery for a fraction of the price.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
SFos11, Owner at Linden House, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hi and thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to Linden House. Please accept my sincere apologies for the substandard lunch you had here on Sunday. We are in the process of recruiting a new Head Chef and the person cooking was on trial. We too, ate at the restaurant and I have to agree in part, with your comments. I would say, however, that if you had mentioned your dissatisfaction at the time, our Restaurant Manager would have done his utmost to improve your experience. We have now appointed an extremely experienced Michelin Star trained Head Chef and I urge you to visit us again, you won't be disappointed!
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We are VERY lucky to have this lovely small Boutique Hotel 5 miles down the road.....We had a wonderful evening with the whole family Last Saturday 19th October, and the Staff were very attentive especially Kamil who looked after us beautifully from start to finish.......this sort of service is the icing on the Cake!....will be back pronto...... and highly recommend the Food and Bedrooms too...great buzzy atmosphere too boot!!.....Thank

Room Tip: Have only seen the Rooms, not stayed in them, but my son did and all was very good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Linden House? Share your experiences!