Kono Kono was our last stop in Tanzania because we wanted to relax at a beach resort after our safari tour. It was definitely relaxing and fit the bill exactly. The resort is situated on an absolutely stunning beach. My wife likened the sand to talcum powder. We had an ocean front villa with a beautiful view. You could walk the virtually deserted beach for hours if you wished and the swimming was marvelous. Our villa was well appointed. We really enjoyed having our breakfast delivered and we enjoyed eating on the beach by firelight. We also had no problem with the service finding it quite friendly, if somewhat laid back.
Now the improvement part. FIRST, the road in from the highway is awful. The trip from the airport is about 90 minutes and about a third of the time is taken navigating the terrible dirt road for the last 4 kilometres. It was worse that roads in the Serengeti. We had planned to explore Zanzibar during our stay but changed our minds at the thought of driving that road. We enjoyed eating dinner on the beach but were surprised when we learned that we had no other choices. I read a comment about the manager's dog and let me say that we are both dog lovers but did not enjoy being jumped on by her friendly but untrained dog. We really enjoyed the plunge pool as well as the beach, but there was a leak and by the third day the water level was too low for it to be usable.
In closing let me say that if a wonderful, isolated beach where you can just relax is what you want then you will probably enjoy the resort. Many of the guests when we were there were honeymooners and we thought it would be perfect for them. If you want to explore the island, if you are a stickler for service, or if you want fine dining with many choices this is not the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kono Kono Beach Resort is located on the south eastern coast of Zanzibar, these 24 Luxurious Villas are only an hours drive away from the Zanzibar International Airport. The breathtaking beauty of this side of the Island offers arguably the best beaches in Zanzibar. The property covers 48000m² and more than 40% is under the resort’s conservation program and has the rarest fauna and flora including wildlife such as Monkeys, local Deer, endemic bird species and supposedly the discreet Zanzibar Leopard, which is believed to be extinct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Kono Kono Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kono Kono Beach Villas Hotel Michamvi
- Kono Kono Beach Resort Michamvi, Zanzibar