“Don't believe all the nasty stuff” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: British
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Don't believe all the nasty stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have moved into the area recently and have visited about 5 times so far, as yet I have not found anything wrong with the place. I haven't heard any bad language. It is really friendly, where the resident dog pepper welcomes everyone as they arrive. The Sunday roasts are good, the homemade puddings are fantastic. I'm not shure if the reviews are old as I do believe it was revamped recently. I would happily bring my nieces, nephews, grandparents and parents here !

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“In response to jacky w - the full story!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I am the customer present when this woman came into the Aquamarine Bar she wanted the catering to include drinks and when told they couldn't include drinks for three pounds a head she verbally abused the staff and threw a folder at her and swore at the bar staff in front of her own children What an unfair review most bars don't do childrens parties anyway and I can understand now why. I am a regular customer and the staff are always friendly and welcoming.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic venue for a party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Had a party at the aquamarine bar it was free and the staff explained they would stay open which was not a problem at all the regular customers were only a handful and didn't intrude or touch the catering in fact they carried our equipment out for us when we finished. Lovely outlook excellent prices Nice customers and Staff I would and have recommended this venue every day of the week

• 5 of 5 stars Food
shoreham by sea
“shocking vulgar disgracefull place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Disgusting language of staff and management in front of children and customers. place should not be open with incompetent greedy disgusting people like that, would not set foot in that place again if you paid me. childrens birthday party absolut disaster place should be boycoted. be carefull when booking as agreed prices change spontaniously. our childrens birthday party was cancelled 5 days prior to party by management because we asked a question about drinks for children. venue is not free to hire even if you pay for food do not be fooled.

Visited September 2012
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
“Nice place, shame about the company!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We booked this bar for an end of term party, on the premise that it would be a private party. We had paid for our own food and disco. We were told that a sign would go up, saying that it was a private party. When we arrived, there were a few people that were unknown to us who obviously showed no signs in leaving. In fact, on advertising around the bar and at the top of the stairs Friday was advertised as a 'disco' no sign of a private party being mentioned. We thought this was a little cheeky, considering what we had been told.
Also we were told that our dj had to stop at 11pm to be considerate of the neighbours. Strange that when the bar was busy, the owners wanted the music to continue until 12am. Double standards I think!
We understand that this venue is free to hire, and is in what looks like lovely surroundings, but did not really live up to our expectations. The bar staff were ok, but not what you would call approachable or overly friendly.

• Visited July 2012