“Delicious Calzone......” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
West Sussex
“Delicious Calzone......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had a girls night out at Tosca on a Thursday evening. I chose the vegetarian calzone and it was mouthwatering - absolutely delicious. As I was on a piggy roll, I then had my favourite dessert: creme brulee, which was also delicious. Service was good and we all enjoyed our meal. House wine was £13.95 a bottle.

The only thing I would say is that we are now blessed with many excellent restaurants in Shoreham, most of which offer 2 courses for £10 during the week. Tosca, therefore, seems expensive by comparison although I believe they do a deal on a Monday.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have been here several times and can never fault the food although a little expensive for the area

Visited December 2012
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
“Authentic Italian Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Really high quality italian fare. The menu is extensive and there is something for everyone (they are happy to adapt dishes to your requirements which is becoming quite a rarity!). I remember visiting Tosca a few years back when it was a lot smaller. They seem to have expanded and I feel the service may be a little 'stretched' dealing with the amount of tables they now offer.

Visited March 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice Food, Comfortable Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I paid another visit to this nice restaurant with my family since my last review, and it was as nice as I remember, if not better in some ways, but slightly disappointing in others!

We all agreed that the food was above average and served piping hot in an acceptable timeframe.

You are nicely greeted on arrival, and the table waitress was very polite throughout, although she was the cause of my only minor criticisms on this visit, which were that she made several mistakes including serving me my pasta dish with Fettucine instead of standard spaghetti that I specially asked for (and she appeared to write down) and also my mum asked for her drink without any ice, but it came with ice...both these issues may be other people's faults and not the waitress, but from my point of view she was my point of contact.

Also, when she gave us the dessert menu, she neglected to tell us the "sweet of the day" and we had to call her back to ask her what it was...bad training?

These minor issues aside, it was a lovely meal and we all said we'd go back again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shoreham-by-Sea, England, United Kingdom
“Birthday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had my birthday lunch on Sunday first time there great food and very friendly , only grip was thy would not let me cut my cake , but would go again

• Visited November 2012