TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“Pet Friendly and on the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Playa San Carlos

Hotel Playa San Carlos
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sonora
Hotel Playa San Carlos
You added Hotel Playa San Carlos to your Saves list
Carret. a San Carlos Km 8.5 | a la entrada de San Carlos, 85506, Mexico   |
Ranked #34 of 60 Sonora B&B and Inns
Troncones
“Pet Friendly and on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We travel with a dog which can lead to hotel problems in Mexico. The Fiesta Real was a happy find after spending other nights in San Carlos in much less plesent environs. The hotel is right on the beach and has a good restaurant. We ate in the Bar with our dog under the table. For those traveling with a pet I highly recommend this hotel as the best deal in town

Room Tip: The rooms are clean but may need some repairs such a broken faucets. If it were more well maintained...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Reservations: we made a reservation of 1 room for 2 nights. When we arrived we found out that we had a reservation for 2 rooms and one night. Fortunately it wasn't a problem to fix this.

Room: Stayed at Room 111. Recently renovated and perhaps the best room at the hotel, not only because it's the only room with TV but because the front desk clerks referred to it as "the new room". Don't know when the renovations happened but the faucet was already broken. Never mind the plasma TV. There is no remote and the TV it's there only if you want to connect it to your laptop (and have the cables for it) or to play DVDs, which you must bring from home of course. No local channels. No novelas!!!! Room is clean and huge.

Service: Waiters at the restaurant are very attentive.

Location: great, just in front of the beach. There is a 24 hr small store across the street where you can find almost anything (a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g!)

Amenities: it's all on you... Free Wi-Fee in the lobby...

Downside: the chairs under the palapas are all broken...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

This was my first visit to Mexico ans so my first stay in a Mexican hotel. The Fiesta Real is right on the beach and the room had a view of the sea and was spacious but, it was also very basic, the A/C was old and noisy, although it did cool the room down, that may have been because it was March and not July!

The staff were friendly most of the time although it was sometimes difficult to get them to cooperate, we'd booked one rom with a kitchenette as we had food to keep in the fridge. When we checked in we were told 'sorry the room is dirty and so you can't have one with a kitchen', as you can imagine this did not go down well, it was after all around 4.30pm and so surely we asked the room should have been cleaned!

However, after my husband asked for help in Spanish and explained why we needed a kitchen or at last acss to a fridge, they were helpful and got us one room with a kitchen and fridge.

Downside to this was there were cockroaches!! Not I have to say in our room, which did not have a kitchen, so we were unmolested.

We ate in the beach bar and the food was good as were the margaritas, there was live music and the atmosphere was great, this was the best part about the hotel as far as we were concerned.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
south Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

The Fiesta Real continues to be the best deal in town. At 68.00 plus tax for a single, the price could not be beat. The value lies in the beachfront location and the spectacular sunsets. Watching the dolphins swim by is an added treat.
While the restaurant and bar continue to be excellent with presentaion and price, the room had come down a small amount from my last visit. As it turns out, I had the exact room both times so a fair comparison was quite easy. Overall the room was average and showing some age but the patio deck was spectacular. Being that the hotel is at the far edge of town, a rather long walk is necessary to access the marina. The bus runs regularly from across the street so inexpensive transportation is easliy available
Internet via the hotel connection was never available either in the bar or room but other unsecure connections were avail if one felt the need.
Most of the nearby construction is complete but noise from the bar or grass area can be loud. I slept with my door open and found the music was not an issue. The 7:00 am opening of the restaurant was louder than I thought was necessary.
In summary, this hotel offers the best overall value on the beach. Other than the desire to walk down the beach or to the marina, there is no reason to leave. Food is good, Cocktails are great and the prices are reasonable. If you are looking for a nice quiet place to rejuvenate without going broke, consider the Fiesta Real. It doesn't have the glitz and glitter of Cabo or other mexican resorts but it isn't as pricey either.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

We could not have enjoyed our 8 nights at the Fiesta Real more. The staff was very friendly. My husband and I were traveling with our three year old and our 7 month old and the hotel seemed very child-friendly. (We brought our own travel bed for the baby so I don't know whether they have cribs available.) Our room had a kitchenette, was clean and very comfortable. The hotel restaurant was excellent: the quality of everything we ate was really high. All the seafood we ate was great - the shrimp quesadillas, Sea of Cortes omelet and cerviche were some of my favorites. (A nice bonus was that the restaurant staff could not have been nicer to our kids). I cannot emphasis how much we enjoyed the food in the restaurant: The times we ventured beyond the hotel for meals were disappointments. The location of the hotel was great also. We spent time in Guyamas shopping, etc., and the Fiesta is one of the closest to Guyamas. We did have a rental car but I was also able to take the kids easily to the Ley grocery store on the bus, which stops right outside the hotel. In addition, it was easy to locate the hotel driving in late from the Hermosillo airport. My husband has been in the San Carlos area several times for work but had never stayed here; we will no doubt be staying at the Fiesta Real next time we go down.

Stayed December 2007
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

I was so surprised by this place! I loved not having TV or phones. Actually got to enjoy my vacation. The sunrise over the mountains while sitting on the beach are breathtaking. The staff was always overjoyed and happy. Helpfull! I will stay here next time I go. Rooms set up for 5 people, all tile floors, and decks overlooking the beach! Don't hesitate to stay here!

• Liked — No distractions!
  • Disliked — Lots of stairs.
  • Stayed August 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Moroleo, Nuevo Leon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

VIVA Fiesta Real:

The Hotel Fiesta Real is the unique Hotel that I recommended for a family vacation. The price is moderated in comparators to the water front hotels in USA., or any Hotel form the Hwy.
It is a clean place to stay.The people in the Fiesta Real always look like they are in a FIESTA.
VIVA FIESTA REAL
Is a enjoyable bar, The music is beautiful with mariachis, mexican songs and Tequila.This Hotel is for the happy people on Heart.
My family and a couple of friend enjoy our vacations My husband and I went to the honey moon island in a peddled boat I can't to explain the experience was wonderful. In Fiesta Real

• Liked — attention and happy faces
  • Disliked — everything is ok
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Playa San Carlos? Share your experiences!