I recently traveled to Tierra Chamahua primarily to turn off the mobile device in exchange for a week of hiking without the day to day amenities of a city. The landscape is remote, untraveled and simply beautiful from sunrise to sunset. It's Mexico like you've probably never seen before. Manuel Sr. and Jr. are engaging, fantastic hosts and have a real connection with the land. Manuel Jr. knows the plethora of different hiking trails like the back of his hand and makes it an absolute priority to cater to his guests specific interests. The week exceeded all expectations. I would highly recommend the ranch.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Chamahua Ecoadventures At Rancho Los Banos Hotel
- Tierra Chamahua Ecoadventures At Rancho Los Banos Hotel Sonora
- Tierra Chamahua EcoAdventures At Rancho Los Banos Mexico/Sonora
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Los Banos is a 30,000 acre privately owned nature preserve and adventure travel guest ranch located at the foot of the Sierra Madre, a mere 55 miles south of the southeast Arizona town of Douglas in safe, secure northeast Sonora. Here you will find some of the most pristine, secluded and scenic land anywhere. We offer stunning landscapes, world-class hiking and horseback riding, trekking, birding, wildlife spotting, jeep ecotours, lake and river kayaking, stargazing, fishing, mountain biking, great porching, delicious Mexican food and comfortable accommodations. The ranch has miles of stunning box canyons, high sierras and riparian riverbeds. It borders 20 mile long Lake Angostura and amazing Bavispe River. The sheer vastness of this land will enchant you and our hospitality and service will make for a great vacation. Experience adventure travel at its very best at Mexico's premiere guest ranch. ... more less