On the spur of the moment, I decided to book a trip by myself, something out of the ordinary, something where I would see and experience something new. I was so lucky to find Tierra Chamahua EcoAdvenures. The experience was even better than I expected. Even now, when I think back (I've been back about six weeks now), the memories are so vivid. All of the people I met on this trip, whether it was someone associated with the ranch itself or one of the other guests there, were so warm and friendly. I felt like I was vacationing with friends and family. The sites were simply breathtaking. Every day was something new to see, something new to experience. The horses were calm and even though I had very little horseback riding experience and not for many many years, I never felt the least bit uncomfortable or as though I did not have control of the horse I was riding. These were not your standard "trail rides" by any stretch but you never have to do more than you are comfortable with. The same goes for the hikes. The food was fabulous and plentiful. If you have special dietary restrictions, the staff always try to accommodate that as well. You know, I could go and on. But all you would be reading is more superlatives. It was truly a wonderful vacation that allowed me to push myself but never further than I wanted. So glad I had this opportunity. Amazing staff, stunning scenery, truly unique.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Chamahua Ecoadventures At Rancho Los Banos Hotel
- Tierra Chamahua Ecoadventures At Rancho Los Banos Hotel Sonora
- Tierra Chamahua EcoAdventures At Rancho Los Banos Mexico/Sonora
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Los Banos is a 30,000 acre privately owned nature preserve and adventure travel guest ranch located at the foot of the Sierra Madre, a mere 55 miles south of the southeast Arizona town of Douglas in safe, secure northeast Sonora. Here you will find some of the most pristine, secluded and scenic land anywhere. We offer stunning landscapes, world-class hiking and horseback riding, trekking, birding, wildlife spotting, jeep ecotours, lake and river kayaking, stargazing, fishing, mountain biking, great porching, delicious Mexican food and comfortable accommodations. The ranch has miles of stunning box canyons, high sierras and riparian riverbeds. It borders 20 mile long Lake Angostura and amazing Bavispe River. The sheer vastness of this land will enchant you and our hospitality and service will make for a great vacation. Experience adventure travel at its very best at Mexico's premiere guest ranch. ... more less