“Over night stay!” 5 of 5 stars

+52 1 997 111 7922
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Description: The restaurant and B & B boosts the freshest ingredients in the whole area. Located in Santa Elena on the main Uxmal-Kabah road of Uxmal . Wonderful evening sunsets to wallow in over dinner. Open 7 days a week for breakfast lunch and dinner . Excellent Yucatan cuisine. Experienced local chefs from Santa Elena Easy access and free parking.FREE internet for all guests in the rooms and public areas . Included ,delicious breakfast, with fresh local fruits and more, with your room. The breakfast area is located in a private area specifically for over night guests.Guests can enjoy FREE coffe,water and more in the rooms .
Bunnell, Florida
“Over night stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I'm 10 years old and I went here with my family for a over night adventure.And it was the best night I stayed in it was peace full and SO relaxing and also lovely. :) I recommend the pickled onion a 10!!!. I would stay there any night.And now lets talk about my favorite thing THE FOOD it is delicious and the breakfast was AWSOME part and thank you Valerie for making me HOT CHOCOLATE!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
pickMerida, Owner at The Pickled Onion B&B / Restaurant Uxmal, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
thank you so much for your comment. It is really appreciated
You and your,e family were a delight to have around . I hope a place like this will inspire you on your journey in life whatever you choose to do.
Glad you enjoyed your breakfast hot chocolate i like it too
Again thank you and take care I hope to see you again sometime
regards
Valerie

91% Recommend
Hereford
“lovely lunch; super rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We came for lunch and wished there was room to stay the night. All the rooms look lovely, immaculately clean, freshly decorated in stylish colours. Gardens also beautifully kept. Lunch was good too - fresh and tasty. Service friendly, attentive and knowledgeable.

• Visited November 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Will stay here next time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Nice lunch in a lovely, quirky setting. Handy for the Mayan ruins route, and well worth stopping. I wouldn't recommend the melted cheese dish (stick a fork in and the whole glob stays on it), but everything else was tasty.

Visited April 2012
Thank you for your comments and would love for you to stay the next time you come to this area
Mmmm melted cheese !
The cheeses in this area and Mexico are quite different to cheeses in other countries
I love this dish myself but it has to be eaten as soon as its on the table because of the temperature coming from hot to cooler .I m sorry you didnt get to enjoy the full bodied flavour of the dish
its so yummie scouping up the cheese with the tortillas adding just enough salsa for that special taste
When you do come back I will make sure that you have another order cortesia de la casa (on the house) made personally by me!
Tucson AZ
“An oasis of English speaking hospitality Uxmal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Let's put it this way, when Patrick Stewart came to the Yucatan, he stayed at the Pickled Onion. I consider myself in good company. I grant you that there is no air conditioning, but the ceiling fan can be cranked up to a very high rate. I was able sleep. My two kids enjoyed the pool and hammocks over the pool. We dine two nights at the pickled onion and were not disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Puerto Morelos, Mexico
“We came back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Valerie the owner was very lovely and welcoming. We stayed 1 night at the cabañas, had an big continental breakfast wich inlcuded fresh juice of the day, brown toasts, banana bread, big plate of assorted fruits, granola, honey, yoghurt and coffee. We just ordered 1 extra order of fried eggs to get some protein since we were going at the ruins in Uxmal, we came back after the visit to Uxmal to stay one more night.

The cabañas are very clean and cute, also you will find great paintings made by Valerie.

I had greek salad and pollo alcaparrado, both very very good.

Yes it`s true, sometimes it can get slow, but it didn`t happen to me, just imagine you were working by your self, cooking, taking orders, serving drinks and wiping tables, nobody can do everything at the same time.

I will be back!!