“Excellent cofffe!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bury St Edmunds. Suffolk. England
“Excellent cofffe!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Called in here with only half an hour for lunch, we explained this to the friendly waitress and it was no problem at all.
This is a lovely place, has a good feel to it, several people enjoying lunch.
The Blackboard Food Menu looked amazing with lots to appeal, shame we didn't have the time to try it.
I had a fab coffee n yummy fresh Cheese Scone, my friend had the homemade soup which she declared delicious served with fresh seedy bread.
I must return here when I have more time, also to try an evening menu, which again looked really appealing.
This place deserves to do well, and we were in and out within the half hour - thanks.

• Visited April 2014

Bury St Edmunds
“Great place for morning coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Lovely to see a log fire on a cold wet morning. Coffee with hot milk. Delicious cheese scones with plenty of butter. An attractive restraurant with good service.

• Visited February 2014
Bury St Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food served with a smile ....we intend to become regulars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Having already bought lovely food from the shop we decided to try the Bistro. It was a treat, an attractive restaurant with great service. Greeted with a smile, taken to table straightaway and given menu and water. Drinks arrived swiftly. Food order taken quickly. Beautiful basket of breads with olive oil for dipping just appeared ( and not charged for). All the things that should always happen but so often do not.

The food was delicious, fresh and organic but without the price tag that organic sometimes attracts. We sampled fish cakes, pâté, risotto and chicken between us- all cooked perfectly

Organic wine as well. Our bottle of Bordeaux was superb and not overpriced. Makes you wonder why everywhere cannot do this. Hope to return shortly for one of their special nights as their Italian night is already sold out. We definitely intend to become regulars. They also open for lunch and breakfast during the week so no excuse to not give them a try.

Thank you for restoring our faith in great local produce expertly cooked and served. It is just lovely when everything happens so smoothly without any prompting. Makes a huge difference.

• Visited August 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Lunch and more . . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Having heard much about this gem I finally had my first visit to Fornham Fine Foods yesterday. I started with lunch in the 'Cafe' - Wild Sea Bass with new potatoes and asparagus - accompanied by a small glass of Organic Riesling - delicious! Crushed meringue with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and whipped cream topped with mint just picked from the garden followed. To finish, a Latte and a sliver of organic cheese (which I was told I must try however full I was) and biscuits. This lunch was one of the tastiest I've ever had; high class restaurant food and service but at a snippet of the price.

The ambience was welcoming, cosy, warm and relaxing. The collection of artwork on display made interesting viewing and added to the homely feel.

On my way out I couldn't wait to grab a whicker basket and wander around the amazing grocery store to buy a few items to take home and sample (not forgetting to pop upstairs and look through the wonderful collection of toiletries, skin care and make up on display).

If you've not discovered Fornham Fine Foods yet I recommend you do - you won't be disappointed. It must be the best kept secret in Suffolk and, contrary to what you may think the prices won't break the bank!

I can't wait to return.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent quality food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I popped in for a bite to eat and to buy some fresh produce for evening dinner. The chef was really accommodating as I asked for a full english even though they had stopped serving breakfast. Streaky bacon, 2 sausages, 2 poached eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and freshly baked bread. Delicious. I will be back!!

• Visited June 2013